David Cage's Adventures in Android Apartheid (Detroit: Become Human Demo)

There is a demo out for this Detroit game. I’m downloading it even though I don’t plan on playing it really and I didn’t finish Heavy Rain (Press X to Jason!) but I kind of still want to be part of the conversation around this game, which is sure to be weird and entertaining in some way (the conversation, I mean. I have no idea about the game).

Things I remember about Heavy Rain:

• Press X to Jason!
  • “The Origami Killer”
  • Hearing characters refer to a “wasteland” for like an hour before realizing they were talking about a garbage dump.
  • FBI guy’s future tech that seemed to only exist in his parts of the game and nobody else’s.
  • Taking the longest and loudest piss ever.

Someone else play this demo so I’m not the only one posting about it!

3 Likes

I await the best thing about Cageware which is the lethal owns

4 Likes

Oh I have to play this

4 Likes

So that was interesting. It’s a short demo (the hostage scenario you’ve seen from previous footage) but at the end of it the game shows you a flow chart of all the choices you made leading to the outcome you got. The neat bit is that it only shows you the decisions/outcomes you got for that run and the rest are hidden so you’re encouraged to replay and try to unlock the entire chart.

So they’re kind of incorporating the game’s flow chart design into the game itself which is a bit clever.

But maybe other games of this type have already done this? I haven’t played any since Heavy Rain.

1 Like

Mr Mech Play Until Dawn Becauss it is this kind of thing but good.

13 Likes
12 Likes

Liked the demo much more than the one they did for Beyond Two Souls. Until Dawn did some stuff with hinting at other outcomes, I assume Life Is Strange did the same? Anyway these movie game thingies are getting pretty advanced, it’s making the Telltale formula look pretty archaic. I only wish it was easier to act like a goofball here because my playthrough of Heavy Rain was hilarious.

I mean, I have to some degree experienced most David Cage shit so I will probably do this to myself as well.

Speaking of, it’s a Playstation Plus game in the U.S. this May. I will probably play an hour or so of it.

1 Like

Just play until you get to the main girl running from a train in a forest, and you can have the true Rudie glitch copy experience.

1 Like

Like a year ago some company rep was looking for stock footage for a trailer for some French trade show and I pointed them to a bunch of stuff of industrial robots, goofy 80s animatronic robot displays, and downtown, but nothing came of it.

Im mostly concerned that Dan Gilbert will see all the neon stuck onto the Penobscot and whatever else in the initial trailer and will get some ideas.

I (do not) love that Cleveland and Detroit both have to deal with this shithead.

1 Like

Q-nited by fate.

3 Likes

tracking this thread for the dumpster fire reports

2 Likes

Who’s the guy who just started building a bridge to Windsor?

You cannot pick up the gun you see under a table unless you investigate a dead cop and determine that he dropped a gun under the table.

17 Likes

Matty Mouroun! He started building a new international bridge without anyone’s ok. So there’s just this giant Evel Knieval ramp to Canada.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Since Julie is from Detroit, I knew this was an inevitable part of my future, so I just played the demo (while Yakuza 6 downloads). I’m pleasantly surprised, though I admit I haven’t been following the news around this so the demo only needed to beat the low baseline of expectations I had from the poor reputation David Cage has around here. Despite playing through four times, I still only got two of the implied five possible outcomes. This may just be an indictment of my inability to play imaginatively.

Until Dawn is 100% an actually decent David Cage game

3 Likes