Dark Souls 3 Die Already

Man can you imagine a Star Wars branded Souls game. Considered, lethal lightsaber combat in some creepy mossy ruin filled with Force monsters.

2 Likes

that sounds terrible

I mean I tried to find a way to be less blunt than that but nope

2 Likes

I doubt that very much.

from what i hear around the internet this is structured more like Bloodborne which from what i know is mostly linear but with lots of branching out into optional/secluded areas, each one dense with detail and twisting paths and that all sounds cool to me~

also combat is not overly different but takes the best of all the previous games. ADP is gone! but >70% fastrolls and longer rolls remain! hooray!!

[quote=“Broco, post:55, topic:1250”]

[spoiler]- Greater emphasis on exploration as opposed to boss fights. As compared to Bloodborne, the bosses are easy/puzzley and you can explore for many hours in between being forced to fight one to progress further.

• Instead, there are many more “midboss” type enemies like the DkS1 hydra, which you can fight or run past.
    [/spoiler][/quote]

That sounds good. I’m not big on traversing the white light.

I was looking up armor sets in the game, unfortunately so far it seems like it’s mostly different kinds of knightly type armors like the first game. I was very proud of my ds2 outfit.

I wonder if punching is still viable

There’s a ring that increases your damage the lower your equipment weight is, seems designed for naked caestus builds. Dunno if it makes them viable though.

Is it that time already? Can I look up softcaps / diminishing returns? If so the true spreadsheet starts here.

i hope it’s not that time yet. it’d be nice for the game to have an enticing world and mythos for awhile before every discussion turns into build/pvp talk

There’s already a speedrun for this that is sub 2 hours for this on the tube. Though I’m not really into that stuff, it’s kind of a bummer that it even exists since most people can’t even play the game yet.

yeah I don’t think releasing the game earlier in certain parts of the world has helped with the mystique and figuring things out aspect of a new souls game

hey errbody what’s happnin

You knew I was going to pull this shit.

Anyway I’m going to stream this tonight if anyone wants to see and doesn’t care about spoilerzz

I haven’t watched a single DK3 anything.

The only spoiler I want is hog or no hog >: |

1 Like

Did the tutorial, killed the first boss, ran into about 50 minibosses.

It’s Dark Souls all right.

If you know the plot of BB and DS, then this 2 hours is the first part of the game, and it has massive, Evangelion-3:33 grade bombs to drop on lore if you’re paying attention.

Here’s an immediately noticeable one to decide if you want to actually watch the above:

The Pthumerians from BB are everywhere, and that’s just the very tippity-tip of the BB tie-ins.

Also you can see my “pro” (heh) approach to a new 'Souls game. I actually don’t die all that much!

Same here, Not going to reference a single thing whatsoever until I finish the first playthrough. It might take me a while.

So this might actually be better than Bloodborne? There’s way more hidey-secrets already, at least. I kinda miss the GothCore of BB but DS3’s Ash Aesthetic (Ashthetic?) is pretty fucking beautiful.

Did they make something somewhat sensible out of the weapon upgrade system this time around?

sounds fair

Also http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-04-dark-souls-3-review

This looks like the sequel i hoped the second game would be and i think i’m okay with that.

I got a little excited when the eurogamer article mentioned an enormous swamp. Am i a bad person?

you are the swamp level in all of our souls

3 Likes