Dark Souls 3 Die Already

Yep I didn’t have a proper burial blade on my DEX character, I had blades of mercy and Maria’s sword as my two +10s. Turned out to be a big mistake because those two weapons are too similar. (But, I came within 10% health several times so I would’ve still got him if I just didn’t put in a useless blood gem…)

Blasphemous murderers… Blood-crazed fiends…
Atonement for the wretches…
By the wrath of Mother Kos…

Mercy for the poor, wizened child…
Mercy, oh please…

Lay the curse of blood upon them,
and their children, and their children’s children, for evermore.
Each wretched birth will plunge
each child into a lifetime of misery.

:neutral_face:

1 Like

I still haven’t won and I’m still doing this and I want to stop.

Obviously it’s psychologically harder for me to accept than I realized that I’ve never not been able to beat a souls boss before

I got amygdala first try, too…

The good news is that I can now trivially get him down to 2/5 health every time I fight him now

The bad news is that I’m still doing this and no closer to winning. I need to get one more parry window down during his second phase.

One trick for that is to suddenly turn super aggressive and in his face around 50% health because that can manipulate him into delaying his second phase transformation. He’s converted at 25% health a couple of times for me.

I never parried him at all personally. My techniques for second phase are A) situational awareness and B) panic

1 Like

That was unnecessary.

2 Likes

This describes my response pretty accurately too. I’m amazed that you can parry him/it Felix. I think other than Gascoigne I rarely, if ever, tried to parry bosses in Bloodborne.

Also I don’t really play Souls games on NG+ after DS2. Dunno why, I just prefer the fresh experience. Maybe it’s the catharsis of NG, always feeling simultaneously more connected and “correct.” I also tended to uncap my level grinding in NG+ which means I would end up overleveling (usually health).

I also wish NG+ in general only scaled enemy damage, numbers, and locations, so that while the world is simultaneously more dangerous, enemies are not also damage sponges - I remember due to a lot of Mage spells having pretty strict damage caps, that after a point it was better to just use the Moonlight Sword for everything.

they are still making these eh

I’ve actually reached the point where 80% of the damage I do to him is visceral attacks because I got so stressed and bored fighting him any other way. It’s just that these are much more difficult to land in his second phase… which accounts for why I’m like clockwork with the first by now.

No idea why this boss so evidently does not work for my approach to souls.

My experience with the DLC yesterday was the game telling me it couldn’t find the DLC and that I had to redownload it. Seemed like something to do with the game starting up while my WiFi wasn’t working.
Restarting the game seemed to make it work, though.

Then I found a wolf just chilling out in mid air, and while I was staring at it a bunch of them came raining down on me.

4 Likes

one very special player will receive the “plague of wolves” alternate DLC

1 Like

I just beat him over remote play during a conference call

this is why I hate immersion

8 Likes

Sometimes you just have to approach something casually and be slightly distracted

this is why I’m so confused at all the studies about how people can’t multitask. obviously I could’ve killed orphan of kos a year ago if I’d realized that the secret was simultaneously discussing bugs in pdfimages

4 Likes

I had my best runs in Super Hexagon while on a conference call.

Although every time I play Dungeon Crawl in a meeting I make a stupid mistake and die, so maybe this isn’t a universal truth.

2 Likes

Well some things are more multitaskable than others. Normally i think it’s better to be more focused in playing Souls or another action game about reading tells. It’s when you start psyching yourself out that it’s better to lean on your instincts and not concentrate so hard. I get like that w/ drawing/writing sometimes, not just vidgamez.

I have to say, ultimately he wasn’t that much less learnable than any other souls boss, and I would be very hard pressed to call the fight anything other than impeccably well-designed, it’s just … about as difficult as it possibly can be.

there are four stagger windows during the first phase which I damaged him with pretty much exclusively (one easy charged back attack window that staggers him, one easy gun parry, and two tricky gun parries), and when I finally won it was because I’d succeeded in hitting him hard enough to get him to transform with more like 1/3 of his health than half. gave up on parrying during the second phase, took more hits when I had them, and finally trained myself to a point where I dodged the right direction out of his combos if I made a mistake. I had like 8/15 potions and ammo with when I finally won too!

so … did anyone here bother with lawrence? because that was some camera king shit when I tried it and unlike this, I don’t feel compelled to spend 5+ hours on practicing one fight.

1 Like

Probably midway on the Dakr Souls 3 DLC it did complele me to go through several hours of my Main and Second chascters quests. They are now roughly in the same place in NG and NG+.

Despite everyone else finding the DLC underwhelming. On the cold aspect thiught the final DS2 DLC did a better job even if the level design in it was awful. The level design here is okay, but none of the enemy placement or combinations have stood out to me. And six NPCs that all just say you shouldnt be here cant wait for a lore-captian to make a eleven minute video explaining their terrible journey based off three lines of vague dialog.

At least auto-invasion/summoning seems to work better now? Auto invasion gurantees your fighting someone with Y U CASUAL!? as a name that has two buddies and kills you instantly and then goes back to waiting for the next victim.

My game invasions have been more interesting of normal players that I have won every fight against. The worse part is the cops showing up and not going after the invader? If ever I got summoned I would go straight for thrm because it is such a rare thing to be summoned and that is what you are there for.

1 Like

Somewhere around my 10-15th try against Orphan, I felt I’d gathered all the proper actions for any given moment in the battle. Dodge timing, how many swipes can I get in, where to try leading him, etc. Most of my deaths from that point started seeming like a result of over-reacting or over-correcting. Hyper gripped. Frenzied even.

Coming back after some green blossom/purple moss clump, I thought I’d be too hazy for the accuracy needed, but beat him on my next try.

So yeah, head half out of the game remains a good tactic for exhausting bosses.