Dark Souls 3 Die Already

The original yeah but should’ve clarified that I meant the trilogy in the post above

1 Like

since i was summoned for having bad opinions, i figured i’d offer another: the matrix trilogy is actually the opposite of the sw prequel trilogy, in that the prequel trilogy is a bunch of great ideas used as the basis for three (ok 2.5*) completely incompetently made movies, and the matrix trilogy is a bunch of horrible ideas used as the basis for three (ok 2.5**) competently made movies

*because parts of episode III are actually decent
**because almost all of revolutions is just utter trash

1 Like

No. I mean the entire trilogy. Whoooooa

Hm

Will look into it

Currently running the Hollowslayer Sword, it is meshing with my humours

So is the 24 gigs of RAM I just put in here, that’s improved the throttling immensely
Starting to dip again in the snow place so I guess that leaves mobo/cpu to upgrade one day

I should specify: the second and third movies are bad movies, but I think the ideas they conjure are legitimately interesting science fiction. They are actually way more interesting than the first movie, which is a better movie of course.

1 Like
the matrix comes of age

Jesus christ

1 Like

GPU has typically been the main bottleneck for most games I play.

i think @Brooks stated earlier that they’re running a GTX 1080

Ah, sorry I missed that. I would think with a GPU that powerful the game should run fine… surprised you’re running into slowdown. CPU might be it then?

Now I’m not running a fucking thing because my SSD died lol

Once again, the Painted World level is the best level

These poor ol crowdudes ;_;

1 Like

Also I dunno about all the wolf slaughter, they’re a bit too BBC nature programme cuddly, even if they can teleport

1 Like

Ariamis, as an initial testing ground for the game’s mechanics, combative situations, and level geometry, went through a lot of different encounter design ideas concentratedly, and that – I M H O – was its strength. Ariandel feels too wander-y/didn’t-I-already-do-this for my taste in the snowfield/wooded portions and I don’t know if the village’s design is interesting enough for the seemingly largely intentionally passive encounter design to work

I’ve been replaying Dark Souls 2 and for as much criticisms I have of its DLC, especially the latter two, I found myself enjoying its first installment (barring the multiplayer-recommended shitstorm cave) much more than I did Dark 3’s

Descending the frosted roots owns though

I wish the whole thing had just been that – a giant cliffside drop as you’re assaulted by exploding arrows

1 Like

This is what sent it to the top for me, the realisation that I was in fact able to attempt this and the ice sheet below wasn’t a decorative killplane

Think I was spoiled for density on the rest of the journey and sort of relished how the DLC was willing to pull out a little without feeling entirely vacant, like no worse than Darkroot

Also the mix of frost and maggoty rot is interestingly confounding

1 Like

Yeah, this was what got me most about the environments.

Trailer for the next DLC, coming March 28:

:expressionless:

2 Likes

To be played in the absence of anything more interesting