#CYBERPUNK 2077 šŸ’»

Iā€™m excited

sorry not sorry

4 Likes

unless they were intimate I have a hard time believing the memory of some recently deceased wild man heist partner would be enough to make anyone fight their way back to consciousness mid-ambush

1 Like

mid-choke even! just like neo coming back from the dead from trinityā€™s kiss. itā€™s cyberpunk, we donā€™t know what dating options that guy chose before this scene so itā€™s all possible

Itā€™s poor writing

donā€™t know why weā€™re back to pre-rendered after gameplay last year, but Iā€™m getting a lot of bad vibes off this and especially around the writing in ways that speak to something very different from the mainline CD Projekt studio, which was nothing if not miraculously controlled over the scope of the game

The random swearing doesnā€™t even speak to an edgelord tone, it speaks to writers/directors who are trying to create a tone through shallow indicators

Iā€™m familiar with this pattern

7 Likes

I think its foreshadowing the cyberpsychosis that was a mainline trait of cyberpunk 2020

but its clumsily handled anyway

1 Like

i have this gut feeling that this game is going to be really problematic

7 Likes

the worst part is you canā€™t be Keanu.

1 Like

I appreciated that they bleeped all the swears before dismembering that guy

10 Likes

Would be the best possible outcome for a trash game, honestly.

1 Like

we think itā€™s important to let the player be whatever they want, which is why all of the promotional material, cinematics and key art feature our grizzled white male protagonist

9 Likes

yeah thatā€™s ridiculous. not related but I find it even more ridiculous in FFXIV where you can be whole different races and in the pre-rendered trailers itā€™s always that stereotypical white guy doing everything

this game still looks bad as hell btw

keanu is good tho

6 Likes

ā€œcocksuckerā€ should be taken away from every straight dude writer except the deadwood people, theyā€™ve proven they canā€™t handle it

12 Likes

every time more about this game is revealed, it seems even less appealing. sure, Keanu rules, itā€™s nice heā€™s in here, but the writing is just so completely awful so far. nobody speaks the way people speak in these trailers.

4 Likes

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-10-cd-projekt-gives-free-copy-of-cyberpunk-2077-to-guy-who-shouted-youre-breathtaking-at-keanu-reeves

3 Likes

https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077
https://www.gog.com/game/simply_red_cd_projekt_red_collection

I donā€™t mind unimaginative language in action flicks. The writing is stupid, it wonā€™t stop me enjoying finding a floor to set up a ProMeth ā„¢ lab next to a dance club so I can listen to what a Polish guy thinks house will sound like in 50 years

edit tho I would prefer it without gratuitous homophobia

1 Like

STEAL THE IMPLANT THAT GRANTS ETERNAL LIFE
Take the riskiest job of your life and go after a prototype implant that is the key to immortality.

This is definitely Manga UK material.

2 Likes

I just think a game called CYBERPUNK should be more than angry bald dudes talking about drug deals gone bad, which is what theyā€™ve shown like 3 times now. this is a game that asks you to be invested, and there is nothing that looks even close to worthy of that.

2 Likes