#CYBERPUNK 2077 💻

not really, you’re playing a specific person who has a very cynical and burned out view of the world around them who is quickly having their personality overwritten by another. you can’t really be anyone other than a teched-out desperate crook but you can be a crook with a heart of gold or a nihilistic operator. V has very little patience due to the ticking time bomb and is incredibly direct with everyone which if you are more of a Diplomat might bother you.

i usually play good guys in these sorts of games so i’m finding it refreshing to be forced into more practical cutthroat mindset and being mean in this is a lot more fun than usual because you’re like, intimidating gangoons and corpos not little old ladies who need you to get their cat out the tree or whatever

the roleplaying is more around interpersonal interactions and how you relate to johnny/keanu, the guy overwriting your consciousness, and play style. the maps have a lot of leeway for quiet and loud approaches, plenty of aerial approaches if you spec into the double jump, and the whole layer of tech magic if you want it (i removed my cyberdeck for anime powers and do my hacking with a throwing axe)

Deus Ex is a good comparison.

strongly disagree re: VA, girl V is one of the better performances i’ve heard in a while. the way she cracks up anytime jackie comes up gets me every time

9 Likes