Corona Bandcamp Heist 200320

So bandcamp is doing a thing on Friday where they take 0% of sales revenue and I had an idea. If you have something on sale at bandcamp that you are especially into, or will have ready by Friday, post a link here and I will buy it. I would ask that you do the same for any other record posted here. The effect would be an even trade (minus paypal fees) if everyone is able to reciprocate.

Besides having access to HQ versions of all the new music there might be a little signal boost as well.

There should probably be an upper limit on cost per record, maybe $5-$8.

Not trying to game the system. I love bandcamp and use it to find music all the time. They probably know people are going to do stuff like this. Also, I don’t post here a lot so I understand if nobody wants to get involved in what could totally be a scam with a stranger. I am a NoRA supporter for what it’s worth.

Anybody interested?

8 Likes

I’m going on a shopping spree on Friday

yee

2 Likes

I didn’t think the math out completely at first but if we all make the cost of the record $8 on friday the trade will be even. It doesn’t matter how many tracks there are as long as we all do it. Thanks for joining in toups.

i made some music in the past. probably gonna start up again.

3 Likes

it doesn’t have to be even, it’s more important to me at least that people give what they can

I bought all your music. I hope you can reciprocate

1 Like

Today was my longest-ever e-mail notification of things people I follow on Bandcamp have bought (which includes, of course, several SB members).

Last night, I also stumbled upon a musician acquaintance performing live on video in a venue in my city where people normally go to see live music in person. (I almost never go see live music but I often tell myself I should.) The place was also offering food pick-up orders outside while they played inside.

Today’s newspaper reports no new COVID-19 cases in my city since yesterday, but I don’t think that means much since testing is still so minimal here.

Ghosto, I am enjoying this album of yours:

1 Like

do you have any online?

Bandcamp is doing this again this coming Friday (not taking their share of the revenue but letting the artists have it all).

I’ll have to grab a few things on my wish list that day.

2 Likes

I posted this in the Share Your Music Thread too but here is my new addition to my Bandcamp library

3 Likes

I guess this is a regular thing now. This time (June 5th), there are also a lot of other things going on for charity.

2 Likes

I’ve been taking the Bandcamp Fridays as a bit of a challenge and have done a release for each one. This time it is a dungeon synth(-ish) project I am calling Deep Road.

It’s a work in progress. I have lots of other tracks in various states of completion and I will add to it as we go. It’s $3 for four tracks now and will go up a dollar for every track I add. I’ll make sure you can get get any future tracks if you buy now.

We’ve had some good discussions on the politics dungeon synth in the new music thread. I can guarantee this dungeon synth is anti-racist and anti-fascist. 100% of sales of any record from my bandcamp today goes to support Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression.

1 Like

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-fridays-2021

3 Likes

i appreciate that last paragraph, bandcamp fridays have become incredibly stressful to me lol

It’s another one of these.

1 Like

shit it’s almost bandcamp friday eh

does anyone have any good singer-songwriters they enjoy who are on bandcamp? doesn’t have to be acoustic guitar and softboy crooning, can be anybody who sings and also writes their own stuff

here’s my release from earlier this year, not that i super need the money

Here are a couple that I like:

1 Like