computer shows (?)

as a concise, complete work? probably.

but I still love bojack and riverdale and american vandal and the first season of jj

oh yeah bojack and american vandal are good

1 Like

Refn amazon show (catch Kojima at 1:54)

4 Likes

i donā€™t know if i can handle a full length prestige tv assault of this

Yeah more than 150 minutes of Refn is probably too much Refn

I read the episodes are supposed to be an hour and a half long each, that could of been somebodyā€™s words getting misinterpreted though

i will be indulging in this for sure

2 Likes

Netflix has performed some kind of bizarre hat trick by casting a live action anime adaptation entirely with actors who look like anime characters, except not necessarily like the characters they are actually playing

like how is this guy not already in a lupin iii movie

3 Likes

Trying daredevil s3 one more time

Itā€™s cool how being really clean and having a special talent are the top two signs of being the ultimate psycho in TV shows

In more positive Netflix reactions, ā€œI think you should leaveā€ is, maybe, one of the funniest things Iā€™ve ever seen

It ā€œbreathes new lifeā€ into sketch comedy by having every sketch only like 2 minutes long

a solid 75% of them take place at 30-something adultsā€™ house parties or around conference tables

2 Likes

the colgate hour

1 Like

stranger things 3 is a lot better than 2 so far

they arenā€™t going anywhere near the surprising emotional resonance of 1 and are just making it weirder and grosser and bigger which was the right call

2 Likes

are you kidding me, these children are completely insufferable and iā€™m supposed to be rooting for a lovable drunk small town cop

1 Like

yeah the hopper character is a little all over the place and I was pretty skeptical the first episode and a half but I think they rounded out the cast well

you do maybe get the sense that they werenā€™t quite sure how retrograde they wanted to be but itā€™s still way better than the way they tried to end s2

You can tell itā€™s a nerd show because every time it has the opportunity to do something hard it takes the easy way out.

there is a certain scene in episode six that is comically over-postprocessed though

like, all-new levels of ā€œstaging this in an empty room wouldā€™ve been just as goodā€

this is definitely the worst season. and the creepiest in a not good way

do you mean just the thing with Nancyā€™s mom? I really didnā€™t have any problems apart from the script being a little too consistently uncritical of Hopper

honestly i dunno if i should bring it up (too late i guess), but Iā€™ll just say i think the duffer bros are having too much fun with steve in his little sailor outfit. there are an uncomfortable number of ā€œthe 14 year old boy gets sprayed in the faceā€ gags. etc.