computer shows (?)

Russian Doll is way closer to an actually good show than anything else they’ve got imo

2 Likes

as a concise, complete work? probably.

but I still love bojack and riverdale and american vandal and the first season of jj

oh yeah bojack and american vandal are good

1 Like

Refn amazon show (catch Kojima at 1:54)

4 Likes

i don’t know if i can handle a full length prestige tv assault of this

Yeah more than 150 minutes of Refn is probably too much Refn

I read the episodes are supposed to be an hour and a half long each, that could of been somebody’s words getting misinterpreted though

i will be indulging in this for sure

1 Like

Netflix has performed some kind of bizarre hat trick by casting a live action anime adaptation entirely with actors who look like anime characters, except not necessarily like the characters they are actually playing

like how is this guy not already in a lupin iii movie

3 Likes

Trying daredevil s3 one more time

It’s cool how being really clean and having a special talent are the top two signs of being the ultimate psycho in TV shows

In more positive Netflix reactions, “I think you should leave” is, maybe, one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen

It “breathes new life” into sketch comedy by having every sketch only like 2 minutes long

a solid 75% of them take place at 30-something adults’ house parties or around conference tables

2 Likes

the colgate hour

1 Like

stranger things 3 is a lot better than 2 so far

they aren’t going anywhere near the surprising emotional resonance of 1 and are just making it weirder and grosser and bigger which was the right call

1 Like

are you kidding me, these children are completely insufferable and i’m supposed to be rooting for a lovable drunk small town cop

1 Like

yeah the hopper character is a little all over the place and I was pretty skeptical the first episode and a half but I think they rounded out the cast well

you do maybe get the sense that they weren’t quite sure how retrograde they wanted to be but it’s still way better than the way they tried to end s2

You can tell it’s a nerd show because every time it has the opportunity to do something hard it takes the easy way out.

there is a certain scene in episode six that is comically over-postprocessed though

like, all-new levels of “staging this in an empty room would’ve been just as good”

this is definitely the worst season. and the creepiest in a not good way

do you mean just the thing with Nancy’s mom? I really didn’t have any problems apart from the script being a little too consistently uncritical of Hopper