,,,^..^,,,~ (Cat thread)

14 Likes

13 Likes

The photos I just took of John. I cannot handle them.

16 Likes

17 Likes

Met this friendly dude on a walk a few weeks ago. The housing in that area had just gone up and there were no fences yet so he ran out to greet me and followed me around for a bit

I went back this week and they had put up fences
I miss the lil guy he was so good :sob:

12 Likes

there are four neighborhood cats that have been occasionally coming up to our window and getting our own (very much exclusively indoor) cats all riled up, all hissing and growling and making noises we’ve never heard before

we’ve decided that we need to give them our own names so we can keep track of all of them, as monitoring this diplomatic crisis as it unfolds is the only entertainment we have left in life

they are (in descending order of aggressiveness)

Hamantha (a large tortoiseshell who lives across the street and is always nosing around)
Pierre (a grey cat who appears from time to time, equally threatening but more mysterious)
Simon (a black cat who also used to cruise by occasionally when we used to live around the corner from our current place, very nice and chill)
Garfunkel (a ridiculous crosseyed orange-cream colored cat who just appeared once out of nowhere and hasn’t been seen since)

Today Hamantha proudly sat on the planter outside our window in the pouring rain yowling and provoking our cat for like 5 minutes, very tense scene

9 Likes
1 Like

All random strays or neighborhood cats we see are named an increasing version of “not pigs” since the first stray we saw had the same coloration of our cat we call Pigabel, or Pigs.
Eventually any stray, regardless of fur color, was referred to as “not not pigs”, “not not not pigs” and so on.

@jsnlv hates it lol

6 Likes

It’s petty fucked up that it took me like five minutes to remember that Not Not Not Pigs was our first name for the cat that lives in our bedroom, now. It’s just not the most easy-to-use naming scheme.

5 Likes

absolute maniacs

While trying to type it out in a way that would make sense I realized there is no way to explain utter nonsense

1 Like

10 Likes
4 Likes

During lockdown, our cat Boris has become a big-time videogame hobbyist.

12 Likes

He likes to make a mess of our pots and pans. And also to bite. But he lets me rub his stomach for at least a few seconds before getting mad about it, so he’s pretty okay.

15 Likes
9 Likes

14 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes