Candy Bars, and Ice Cream, and Snacks, Oh Pie!

I just had this stuff.

It was pretty good. I did finish the whole pint in one go. So that’s certainly some confirmation.

BUT

its not GREAT, like it should be. The banana ice cream BARELY tastes like banana. If the container said it was something like “old fashioned vanilla” or whatever, I probably wouldn’t have questioned it. That’s how subtle the banan flavor is.

What saves this, is the peanut butter is legit. Its got a true roasty peanuts flavor to it. And they are pretty generous with how much they put in there.

next time I’ll probably dip back into the new new “spirits” line. Because the Stout chocolate pretzel is pretty great and the Irish Cream Brownie snuck up on me.

1 Like

I do like a good coffee toffee. Something like that could be in my near future…

Had cheat day sooner than usual…

Just had this

This is a solid flavor. Its just malty enough to not be a let down and actually edge toward satisfying. The cookie fudge truffels are excellent. And the marshmallow swirl is adequate and makes up for it a bit by being very abundant. This would be better with actual marshmallows.

This is a good, fairly straightforward flavor. I think it would be great in a waffle cone.

If you are in Seattle and want a no-frills, simple milkshake with a truly malty flavor and good thickness: Go to Dick’s.

Their milkshakes are probably artificial as hell. But they are really, really good. I say that as someone who basically never goes to fast food. Dick’s shake flavors are legit.

2 Likes

I’m not in Seattle, but I really like malts. Malts are rad.

1 Like

yeah dicks has thin-ass milkshakes and i love it

if im drinking through a straw GIVE ME A LIQUID this ‘you can turn your shake upside down’ shit SUCKS. that’s just ice cream, i cant drink that

1 Like

I wouldn’t call Dick’s “thin”. But, they are on the thicker side of drinkable.

you should be able to drink a fuckin’ milkshake. you shouldn’t have to use a fuckin’ spoon. might as well just be eating ice cream at that point.

2 Likes

oh i had one the other day they’re runnier than every milkshake ive had, maybe ive just never encountered thin milkshakes

Maybe they aren’t consistent?

I’ve only had it once, a few months ago (remember, I never go to fast food). But I was pretty impressed.

Anyway, part of the flavor and mouth experience of a milkshake, is the thickness. Its a tough thing to get right. But I wouldn’t want a truly runny malt, for example.

if it doesn’t fit through a straw and they only give me a straw its bullshit

jack in the box shakes are bullshit

if im at a diner and they give me a cup and the metal mixing cup with a spoon AND a straw. that’s fancy, im down for that

but those people would never send me home with just a paper cup and a straw

if your shake is thick you must present it correctly

I think the key is an extra wide straw and then a toned diaphragm.

shari-s

YOU KNEW IT WOULD COME TO THIS

even my wife, the shake snob who spent her childhood working the soda fountain counter at her grandpa’s drugstore (I think I’ve seen her happy with shakes acquired with money maybe twice out of dozens of attempts), is into this

3 Likes

i would eat a pie shake (or a shake pie!), i bet they dont serve it in a paper cup with only a straw

you get the glass

you get the tin cup

you get one spoon

you get one straw

1 Like

in addition to the Baker’s Dozen and the Milkshake Sidecar, are there any other american food traditions in which it is expected that you will get more than promised?

edit: i feel like the five guys thing where the fry cup is just this ornamental vessel provided simply for scale re: them just dumping a shit ton of fries directly into the food bag

any time i eat at a diner. ALL PORTIONS ARE MORE THAN I ASKED FOR

1 Like

shake shack pie oh my is also pie blended into ice cream it isn’t a milkshake but it is good

apparently theres one in seattle now but i havent been yet

I think there’s one on Westlake Ave