Candy Bars, and Ice Cream, and Snacks, Oh Pie!

I enjoyed that Butterfinger thread. Let’s keep it going. I’m particularly interested in ice cream, right now.

Haagen Dazs has a new “spirits” lineup, where they have various flavors inspired by alcohol drinks. I’ve had the Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch a couple of times.
https://www.haagendazs.us/products/spirits/stout-chocolate-pretzel-crunch-ice-cream

It’s pretty darn good.

About a week ago, I tried the Irish Cream Brownie
https://www.haagendazs.us/products/spirits/irish-cream-brownie-ice-cream

My pint was kind of like an un-mixed drink, where all of the alcohol flavor was in the bottom half. The top half tasted like a solid cookies and cream. Which is fine, becuase I love cookies and cream. But its not what I payed for, you know? I was about to just stick it into the freezer, for another time. But a couple of bites later, I finally got into the irish cream and the actual chunks of brownie. It ended up being difficult to put down and I finised it all in one sitting.

I’m gonna be on the look out for this new flavor next:
https://www.haagendazs.us/products/ice-cream/banana-peanut-butter-chip-ice-cream

I’ve also been having a ghetto snack where I mix unsalted peanuts with natural maple syrup and Himalayan salt (pink salt). Its…been pretty addicting. Himalayan salt has such a complex flavor, the flavor is almost part of the way to a smoked salt. Combined with the real maple: Its almost like eating peanut butter french toast with bacon. But super quick to make. It would probably be great on some decent vanilla ice cream. Maybe with some bananas…

1 Like

i don’t really like ice cream, but i kind of like milkshakes, and i’ve been making this milkshake that’s:

• 3 scoops of chocolate peanut butter ice cream (yuck! it’s all there is here except for black walnut)
  • a little over 1 cup of milk
  • some ice cubes
  • some vanilla extra
  • a small amount of french vanilla coffee creamer
  • two crumbled up oreos

i blend it so it winds up being a bit thicker and icier at the top of your glass, so it starts off feeling like a mudslide, but then you break through it eventually, and it’s a bit thinner and milkier. i had expected it initially to be very chocolate-y, hence the vanilla stuff, but it wound up being relatively tame in the chocolate department, so i added another oreo and cut back on the ice cubes.

butterfinger ice cream bars are wicked – i remember eating those while watching the batman animated series as a kid.

i would love to see an ice cream with a decent amount of marshmallow. rocky roads in general really dick you over on the marshmallow, and it tends to really piss me off so i never get rocky road.

1 Like

i started eating toast with chinese radish kimchi and fancy hommus and now i can’t stop does that count

1 Like

Yeah sure! I imagined chips and stuff like that when I put “Snacks” in the title. If I can mention french toast, you can mention your toast. Savory snacks are ok here!

1 Like

What brand of choco pb are you using? My fave is Umpqua.

i remember the night i pounded two entire pints of this orange cream flavour stuff i never found again
good night

anyone going to paris should spend all their money at berthillon

theres these dried strawberries i get at the market in HUUUGE bags and theyre just perfect fruit snacks, like snack pack fruit snacks, but real. like my mouth is watering just thinking about them i should get some this weekend

2 Likes

There’s something about dried strawberries. Their flavor is so special.

2 Likes

Is fruit jerky any good or is it just like, Fruit Rollups for grownups

Why is Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food so fucking good?

There is a baffling dearth of ice cream flavors with chocolate ice cream, chocolate pieces, and a significant amount of caramel.

1 Like

I’ve always passed over that one because I guess I thought the name was dumb. Guess I should try it…

i love fruit jerky if i had a dehydrator id only make dried fruit shit

1 Like

I went to the Ben & Jerry’s HQ once up in Vermont and they had an experimental Chai flavor that I absolutely adored and I’m disappointed it never made it to retail.

4 Likes

Man, Chai ice cream would absolutely rock.

full tilt ice cream has chai flavor AND outrun 2, @disestablished

1 Like

All those complicated flavors are cool and stuff. But sometimes the simple stuff is best. Mint Chocolate-Chip will always be my #1

I said it before, but Haagen-Dazs’ Rum Raisin is crack

A little more complex but FYI if you ever go to a Baskin Robbins, try their apple pie ice cream. Its excellent.

1 Like

Not sure when I will be back in Seattle. But, I will keep that in mind!

1 Like

Actually, I was just thinking about this and my imprinted memory for Baskin Robbins’ apple pie ice cream is that it was the first ice cream I ate after basic training.

So…that’s a real heavy your mileage may vary.

Fucked up that as much as I adore ice cream, I’ll never enjoy it as much as the limited-time-only root beer float-flavored ice cream at a mall in Hilo, Hawaii, circa 1989.

2 Likes

better than the real thing?