C H A O S

Has anyone played the demo? The boss is literally called ‘Chaos?’

3 Likes

wait is it playable now. i downloaded it three times then gave up

1 Like

I’m here to kill Chaos.

5 Likes

Assuming all the footage from the trailer is from the demo, I imagine the boss is Garland, who eventually becomes the evil god Chaos. I don’t actually know FF1’s story but I think there was some wacky time loop story in there with Garland and Chaos.

2 Likes

I think it’s just the ‘?’ that has me. It’s implying that either it’s a case of potentially mistaken identity (that doesn’t matter either way) or your character will just randomly attack what he suspects is the manifestation of the abstract noun ‘chaos’.

My videogame mind also constantly reads it as dialogue rather than the boss name

3 Likes

this game has incredibly strong Playstation 3/360 energy and that kind of intrigues me

11 Likes

and im all out of chaos

5 Likes

not about to watch these vids but i remember some tweet thread the other month about this one incongruous mech enemy in ff1 and how it’s never been a straight swords and sorcery type story so this fits

1 Like

The 4 characters in FF1 are all pure avatars of Light sent to restore the world balance like that guy in Actraiser

Garland is a very easy first boss from the prologue, he’s a fallen knight who has kidnapped a princess. You then go through the whole game to defeat the « 4 fiends » who threaten the crystals or something. You eventually learn that the fiends have time traveled from 2000 years ago and you need to go there by using crystals to defeat them all over again.

You go do that and Garland is there waiting at the end, going « surprise bitches it was me all along, I made the fiends » he absorbs the power of the fiends like videogame villains do, turns into Chaos the final boss, the 4 warriors of light win and presumably disappear, the end

10 Likes

Just add all the elf key doors and that’s the full FF1 experience

4 Likes

This game looks great. I really want to hear people’s demo impressions.

Balan, The Quiet Man, Left Alive, og Nier–Square Enix is the only company willing to release new PS2 games anymore and you gotta respect them for that

Really hoping we get another game in this style but with Tri-Ace at the helm

14 Likes

Considering this is another Nomura vision, I guess it’s not infeasible for him to take inspiration from his Dissida games too (especially considering Dissidia NT was a co-production with Team Ninja). Dissidia 1 reveals itself to be a prequel to FF1, but then Dissidia 012 turns it all into some weird computer simulation so I don’t know what the current canon is.

But I’m inclined to think it’s just alternative universe, re-imagining/spin-off type take on an existing FF world. If this really were to be an isekai with a guy who’s just an Angry Man, I want this to turn into a series where he is isekaied into each Final Fantasy game.

3 Likes

I GOTTA KILL EXDEATH
I GOTTA KILL SIN
I GOTTA KILL DELITA

4 Likes

I feel like the devs of this game were really big fans of the glory kills from Nu-Doom

2 Likes

12 Likes

I like the fact that they’re skirting around a potential CERO Z rating by having enemies become encrusted with blood-red crystals rather than spout jets of blood.

3 Likes

Finally, a true successor to Balan Wonderworld in the SE “toss some money around and see what shit sticks’ initiative.

4 Likes

new final fantasy lookin great

3 Likes

this video has sold me on strangers of paradise

6 Likes

it would be cool if the first boss actually is chaos, and then the rest of the game is your dude having an existential crisis because he doesn’t know what to do with himself now that chaos is dead.

9 Likes