bulletin witch

Zach Barth & co are making their design docs and early builds publicly accessible:

Even more, they went to the trouble of packaging them and releasing them! Wow!

6 Likes

Guys it says “apples yummy” synced up to Yoshi doing his tongue thing, while apples appear around him. and the virus has a bad look on his face.

Now the next scene with Toad, it says “I’m allergic to pollen” and Toad is smiling and dissappears and the virus has a bad look on his face.

My point is that its all very cheap and lame and that’s how I thought Yoshi was voiced.

4 Likes

…in the exact same voices the viruses had in every other scene of the video??

1 Like

I clicked through the video. I couldn’t stand to watch all of it.

I’m not trying to die on this hill. I’m am totally fine that its not Yoshi’s voice. I’m just saying how I came to that thought.

yoshi talks 2020

6 Likes

jesus walks
yoshi talks

4 Likes

I watched the Super Mario World cartoon religiously over a decade before I ever touched a Super NES. Yoshi has always talked. He just chooses not to.

3 Likes

That’s the thing. This mobile game looks like a leisurely match-3 game.

And the original Dr. Mario is a completely torturous and awful match-3 game.

3 Likes

when will they bring back puzzle quest but make it good

2 Likes

No, it’s a torturous and awful match-4 game.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I totally forgot.

Well, it is the progenitor of puyo

BTW, my love of Dr. Mario mainly comes from 2-player mode, which I think is brilliant and wonderful (and, yes, far more enjoyable and interesting than single-player, though I still think single-player is clever).

2 Likes

I used to love Dr. Mario until I realize it’s only half of a game

1 Like

I’m sorry Idk why I’m stuck on Dr. Mario in the most boring way. I’m going to go execute myself now

all of the D℞.'s sins are justified here

2 Likes

Nah, I haven’t made a really strong case in its favor either. I’m good with just trading light barbs and hot takes rn.

1 Like

i havent made someone cry in 2 player dr mario in years, i need that multiplayer

2 Likes

imagining that moving forward all Mario games are voiced by these people

2 Likes

the real question is where the fuck is the puzzle league game it’s been a decade since the stadalones died due to genericization and most people playing it in animal crossing are awful

3 Likes

This probably will not be around for long, but

http://www.infernoplus.com/royale/#main

(Online competitive Super Mario Bros.)