bulletin witch

It’s been two years since the launch of Splatoon 2, and now the shadow of the Splatocalypse is coming! This final Splatfest asks “Which world would you choose? Chaos or Order?”

Will you fight for a world of chaos, with an ever-shifting blur of boundaries and borders, where the only path through the confusion is that which you carve out for yourself? Or will you battle for a world of order governed by an unwavering discipline, in which your path toward a promised future is straight and well-paved? The time has come and the choice is yours!

I can’t believe Splatoon 3 is going to be Shin Megami Tensei V.

12 Likes

I’ve been AWOL for all the Splatfests since Ketchup vs. Mayo, but I gotta come back and chip in on the side of the little goblin queen on this one.

1 Like

very weird because the regular Xbox game pass has had like 10 PC games on it for six months (most notably forza horizon 4 which you could play very happily in the space of their free trial) but like no one acknowledged it ever and it seems to be being rolled into this

also virtually all of the non-Forza Microsoft Game Studios output from 2013-19 was just terrible wooden crap so I’d only be looking at third party stuff

There’s a fair amount on that list that I’d be interested n checking out, $5 seems like a pretty good deal (and this is greatly expanded vs. the list of games I just paid $5 to check out via the regular Xbox Game Pass’ “Play Anywhere” PC subset).

I think I’m part of the target group of Stadia. I don’t have any modern consoles and my PC is aging. I don’t know when I can replace it. But I’ve got a phat pipe. Well, only 100 Mbps but I don’t think I have a data limit? I don’t know that the connection’s ever been throttled either but I mean how far are they going to throttle it from 100 Mbps? Below the 35 that’s “best” for Stadia?

So I think if there’s a game I really want to play at ultra settings I might get it on Stadia instead of play locally. The whole thing scares me though and I don’t want to buy too much crap to get it working. Could imagine Doom Eternal, depending on how it runs for me

Edit: I checked and yeah I’ve got an unlimited data plan.

Does your unlimited data plan have a soft cap, after which they throttle your speed? I see that in the fine print of a lot of unlimited plans.

1 Like

I was just able to pay another $1 to roll my $1 three month game pass subscription that I was using to play PC stuff semi-officially into this new subscription so now I have two months to play metro exodus I guess

also I have 300mbps for $50 and no caps, I like bandwidth

never had a bandwidth cap here, don’t think they’ve ever really been a thing in the uk? we just have ridiculous contracts like 100 down, 5 up
someone fucked up and we were getting 7-800 down for months, good shit

2 Likes

yeah the only ISP that offers good upload bandwidth here is a “plug directly into the cat5 jack in the wall” fibre company that only serves brand new buildings, I have like 20 up

the fun part is making sure your wifi can actually deliver 700+ down at that point

1 Like

That was a thing here many years ago but it seems to be gone. I can’t for the life of me find any info on it.

Maybe they just selectively throttle nowadays without telling you. Like making Netflix a little bit slower and stuff like that, instead of throttling the whole connection. But officially they don’t do anything like that, so…

1 Like

hope there’s Nocturne dlc

3 Likes

RE7 without all the crazy shit

The True Walking Simulator
In The Woods
In The Dark
In Grainy Low Definition

it has the same beats as that game that was a journalist investigating an insane asylum with a hand held recorder (Outlast! that was it) from 2013. Just with an AAA dev team behind it and an established mythos. :V

I want a game where you get to party in a Burkettsville motel with your best pals like the first twenty minutes of the movie.

Bummed it takes place in 96 so it won’t affirm the canonical nature of the events in Book of Shadows.

Edit: If there is some kind of time loop thing going on in the trailer, I guess we’re in third movie territory? That could be cool. I like when 3D games deal in impossible spaces.

3 Likes

I don’t know why I thought I’d never see the Blair Witch IP ever again. Shoulda known better

nothing (that made at some point) is ever really gone

1 Like

4 Likes

Re-Mako

2 Likes