#bugpunk

There isn’t a strict rule on what bugpunk is and is not but generally I’d say the game should have at least 1 bug in it.

Gunvalkyrie

Why it’s bugpunk: bug enemies and very organic levels with big mushroom platforms. Also the armor kinda looks a bit like a bug in places.

Morrowind

Why it’s bugpunk: flying cow bugs, floating jellyfish, bug buses, bug clothes, bug armor and everyone eats giant bug eggs in their huge bug-shaped houses.

4 Likes

all EDF games

Why it’s bugpunk: hordes of giant fucking alien bugs.

1 Like

2 Likes

Buck Bumble in which you are a bug fighting secret bug wars against other bugs

2 Likes

Jade Cocoon is the most #bugpunk game I’ve ever played.

Not all the mons you catch are bugs, but the nature and low poly aesthetic contribute heavily to the bugpunk feel.

Pikmin is pretty bugpunk isn’t it

yeah but

I’m just gonna go ahead and say that anyone who posts Pokemon is a total dweebazoid.

There is no bugpunk authority.

Just post what bugpunk means to U.

3 Likes

You mean the game inspired by bug-catching, where the first non-rival NPCs you ever challenge are bug catchers?

1 Like

4 Likes

“battle bugs”

LAME TOY

“japan battle bugs” “バトルバグス”

1 Like

2 Likes

ants: the masses against the massive

bugs vs tanks

the simple 2000 series vol. 113 the tairyou jigoku/overwhelming hell

2 Likes

Jet Force Gemini

3 Likes

SimAnt via one of L’s blogs

1 Like

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/86/10/static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/93770/2367848-a2600_yarsrevenge.jpg

1 Like

Played the hell out of this one, it’s pretty clever… as you kill more bugs, the more covered in guts the screen gets, thus harder to see descending enemies.

Bug enemies, first level has you in a car splattering bugs on your windscreen.

An old mac platformer where you play as a bug. There was a sequel too. These three games are from the same developer. They also made a game where you’re a dinosaur with a jetpack and gun.

“The mind of a genius. The body of a spider. A mortally wounded
scientist accidentally implants his consciousness in a nano-tech
marvel-a cybernetic spider. Now shrunk to the size of a bug you must
fight to stay alive.”

Neat Wii beat’em up (?) where you take control of different creatures. Early ones include spider and scorpion.

One of my fav N64 games. Take control of different robot animals, scorpions are among them.

I could probably think of more but I should stop