Bottom Line Reviews

posted these in the old place, but here they are again!

metal warriors is “that joke your annoying friend always tells about airsoft being for kids” (**)

kane & lynch 2: dog days is “not fired, it quits” (****)

god hand is “‘the old man and the sea’ inadvertently in the list of bestselling children’s books” (****)

okami is “squinting at a painting” (**)

castlevania: aria of sorrow is “like tasting the most delicious snack from a cartoon” (****)

assassin’s creed: revelations is “lying” (1/2)

arcus odyssey is “saying it knows what’s best for you” (***)

transistor is “being old enough to enjoy silence right after a shower” (****)

rhythm tengoku is “what they want you to believe show business was like in the 20’s” (****)

god of war is “an (terrifying) ideal” (*)

god of war is “probably a good idea for an internet profile picture, right?” (*)

halo: combat evolved is “the cyberpunk future’s most popular augmented reality software” (***1/2)

demon’s souls is “like throwing a bowling ball in a particularly nice pool” (****)

dragon quest ii is “not as good as the first one, but then again: so are most videogames” (****)

bulkslash is “a game i made up in my head as a kid” (***)

lufia 2: rise of the sinistrals is “The Internet Person’s Guide to stop saying things are ‘badly’ or ‘well’ written without knowing what that means” (****)

gunstar heroes is “sometimes the only videogame that has ever existed” (***1/2)

red dead redemption is “a game where dirt is supposed to be dirt” (****)

popful mail is “why we should pay attention to detail and, consequently, why i need an aspirin right now” (**)

valkyria chronicles is “too good to be true” (****)

heart of darkness is “the caliginous corners of nostalgia” (**1/2)

4 Likes