Bloodborne October/November Book Club

I started this game again.

Holy shit is it good.

It is so, so, so good.

2 Likes

im at the end of my playthrough but decided i may as well use this opportunity to go for the platinum. it’s been a busy summer!!

i think as soon as i beat this (like, from the moment i see the title screen) i’m going to start a new character, and activate a PSN account so i can do multiplayer

i also ordered Dark Souls 3 lol. i want to burn out and fade away like everyone else did

1 Like

my friend made this comic

9 Likes

God Bloodborne is so good

3 Likes
5 Likes

Got a PS4 thanks to @bib and I’m replaying this while taking notes for my historical text. If anyone would like to do co-op, especially for some of the chalice dungeons, I’d consider getting PSN

5 Likes

i made it to the final chalice dungeon tonight, final thing i need to platinum this game

1 Like
5 Likes

I have the platinum but it doesn’t show 100% because I never beat Laurence. I guess I should get around to that.

For anyone considering PS Plus right now, it’s a good time to do it. Amazon and GameStop both seem to be offering it cheaper than usual.

I think it would be fun to replay this or a Souls game with random SB people at some point.

1 Like

i’m renewing my Plus and i’d love to play this w/ people.

i actually haven’t quite beaten this game yet, i got stuck at the Unseen Village and put it down for a few months. Just started again last week and beat the level by sprinting straight through. The 3x hunter fight at the end was really thrilling and i managed to put down 2 of them before dying. And then the One Reborn, while a pretty standard (and not very tough) big slow guy boss fight, looked fucking cool as hell and everything around looked amazing and this game, this game. it’s good to be back :’)

i’m now tackling the very tough run from the base of Mergo’s Loft up to a bridge where i have to fight 2 hunters. ive died like 5 times and seem to die to something different each time D:

CHRIST these side-faced werewolves that electric explode D:<

edit: this room with the bunch of baby spiders and big momma spider (Rom reprise!) is the most FROM thing. i love how big momma gets up on her back legs and punch-flails w/ her front legs. its so cute <3 i dont even care that she killed me LIKE FIVE TIMES

1 Like

omg they flop on their backs when you shoot them!! and theyre called NIGHTMARE APOSTLES apparently holy shit

1 Like

i hated those little bastards tbh

I’m pretty over trying to fight them, unfortunately they like to follow me into the hunter fight if i try to run by

dang, looks like i missed the window of opportunity there. not currently available.

i still think about bloodborne a lot

I will co-op dungeons and whatever else with you, @sleepysmiles. What’s your PSN ID?

A little detail I’m newly appreciating about BB is how often I use Coldblood consumables. I don’t think I ever used soul-items in Dark Souls beyond maybe my first play through, and I know some of that is attributable to an inability to use up multiple souls at once, but – and I may be wrong – BB’s Coldblood variants seem to give you more blood echoes than the equivalent variants (perhaps more numerous in type?) in the Souls games. That’s my impression, anyway. I know that Dark 2 and 3 allowed you to use up multiple souls at once, but for some reason the design in those two never motivated me to conscientiously treat souls as a consumable. Maybe it’s because I find BB to be the toughest of the bunch… Idk.

Edit: oh, yeah. My point is that this comparatively greater usage of a thematically important consumable better reinforces the in-game economy and material valuation. After a while, in my experience, the “souls” aspect of Dark Souls is more or less ignorable.

I find the coldblood to be most useful in Bloodborne just cos the cost curve for leveling up vs what you get from kills is so steep compared to the other souls games

Stat priorities are reversed, too - seems like leveling your main damage stat to 30 asap is the order of the day since everything is so spongy, where usually I would focus on vit first

@diplo kenziie42 :slight_smile:

i use coldblood pretty much the same way i use the stock souls in other games. i just hang on to em for when i need to shore up souls to level or upgrade or buy something, then occasionally burn through em all and put a few ticks into vit or end.

the “economy” is definitely different in BB, besides leveling up is more expensive there are less things to upgrade, and materials are rarer/pricier, so you end up spending a lot more on consumables (vials, papers, cocktails etc.). Which goes together with those things being more useful and powerful in this one! its very well thought out

1 Like

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/188671817