Bloodborne October/November Book Club

yeah it only really sucks if you are as bad at fighting ebrietas and the orphan as I was

Often the blood vial drop rates for enemies on the short path between the checkpoint and the boss are very high, but itā€™s fiddly and prone to break.

It was literally a non-issue for me after the first few hours

Maybe I just didnā€™t have as hard of a time with this game as others? I had like hundreds of vials in storage all the time

Guess itā€™s worth noting that they increased the storage capacity with a patch to something like 600? and I donā€™t remember what the original max was

But that was then and this is now

it just can get annoying if you get stuck at something, which is particularly easy to do if youā€™re trying to do something earlier than you maybe should, which can be fun

i think itā€™s a pretty minimal issue, itā€™s just noticeable because there are so few issues overall

holy shit i had no idea you could do this but it makes total sense

god this game rules

so the only thing i havenā€™t done in this are the chalice dungeon trophies i think, if anybody ever wants to bum around some cds with me

trophies are dumb but it would be kinda cool to have this game platinumed

Yeah, it seems to encourage playing conservatively, which is a bit tone deaf given how aggressive the rest of the game is with regards to combat.

1 Like

there is a whole village of spooky witches.

ive been popping every madmanā€™s insight as i play through Bloodborne, per diploā€™s suggestion earlier ITT. This just led to a moment where i stepped out of Oedon Chapel, glanced up and screamed ā€œJESUS CHRISTā€

this is probably my favorite game in the series??

9 Likes

Iā€™m so glad youā€™re playing it!! I know itā€™s hardware prohibitive for some folks but I was so bummed that many people hereā€™s last experience of the series was dks2

its summer so iā€™m playing this again!

Yeah, finding out what the invisible hand actually was was pretty awesome.

Itā€™s incredible. I knew i would see it eventually, but i didnā€™t know when iā€™d be able to and i could never have imagined it would look like THAT.
I love how it tilts its head to watch your every movementā€¦ g-geh!! And now iā€™ll never be able to replay the game without knowing that fucking thing is watching me run around clearing out the cathedral ward. Brilliant.

I knew iā€™d buy a PS4 for it at some point! I just needed to wait until it was closer to $200. It was a bundle with Uncharted 4, which i couldnā€™t care less about but hey

THERE IS A HAUNTED CASTLE FULL OF VAMPIRE GHOSTS

4 Likes

I beat up a giant cute spider monster and everything went to shit

I love how progressing and learning more about the world in Bloodborne is presented as an increasingly bad idea. like beating Rom is a real challenge milestone similar to Ornstein & Smough, but what happens next isnā€™t triumphant or good at all. you fucked up, bad.

4 Likes

yeah but on the other hand the further you go in the game the more the doll talks to you, who is wonderful. do everything for the dolll

1 Like

oh i canā€™t believe i didnt mention how excellent it is that the Maiden in Black is back (in (Maiden in) Black)

i love when you gesture at her and she just gives you a quizzical look

are you wearing the crow outfit

Not yet, i havenā€™t finished Eileenā€™s storyline and i didnā€™t want to kill her because she is so cool

3 Likes

i fucked up this playthrough and eileen died super early on before i could finish her quest line but it does mean iā€™ve been able to play through the whole game with blades of mercy !!

1 Like