Blizzard DOTA

YES

i am meauxdal#1132

1 Like

sent!

yeah Iā€™ll probably end up doing that. problem is half the time a game sucks its my team saying dumb shit or being assholes, and the other half of the time itā€™s me being the asshole. rip

I went on some ridiculous streak where I won like 15 unranked games in a row. so I decided to do placements for the new season. everything started out according to plan. I was 4-1, playing with high gold players. the games were fun. teams generally did things that didnā€™t strike me as completely idiotic, which is usually a sign you are where you should be, not because no one is doing stupid things but because you arenā€™t good enough to immediately see their stupid things as stupid. then I get my worst map. and some dudeā€™s flaming in hero select, so you know heā€™s tilted hard. he picks zagara on pirate land. they have a xul. I tell zagara to match xul, either bot or top/mid. xul goes top. everyone ignores the first chests. ok. zagara is bot. I ask him to swap to match. he doesnā€™t for a while. the rest of our team is top while they 4 man bot. Iā€™m like can we not do this. we lose instantly because no one understands lanes, zagara blames me and flames because I dunno Iā€™m the one trying to fix an obvious problem

after that Iā€™m a little tilted. and I immediately start playing with silver players instead of high gold. I lose the rest of my placement matches, with just awful fucking game quality. games where we have a lone dps jaina against a team with anubā€™arak, because my team decided ā€œwe didnā€™t have a tankā€ even though I locked in johanna as third pick, who I guess doesnā€™t count as a tank if youā€™ve never played the game before. or the game on battlefield of eternity where Iā€™m stuck healing a team that refuses to ever attack our immortal and instead charges their team into gazlowe turret field every single immortal spawn because ā€œwe canā€™t race gazlowe.ā€ I guess itā€™s better to suicide against him over and over while tyrael dies to a khazra camp for some reason. or the game where Iā€™m solo dps greymane against a team with two tanks and a morales no one wants to dive. I play frontline poking for an eternity because my etc ā€œdoesnā€™t want to get caught.ā€ I figure I have a tassadar so I got shields. sometimes. maybe. I end up with 30k more damage done than anyone in the game but we lost because our win condition was I guess let greymane 1v9 oom the morales and my team just ā€œcouldnā€™t overcome greymaneā€™s missplays.ā€ maybe the game where Iā€™m stuck playing ETC for a melee valla who likes to duel the butcher and a nazeebo who wonā€™t lower his zombie wall with me in it while a butcher beats on him and I stand watching helplessly because ā€œmy W does more than you do anywayā€

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

therapy thread

Lower MMR is just play Li Li.

Seriously tho

1 Like

Iā€™ve played something like 1.5-1.7k games of HOTS and theyā€™ve all been QM

part of it is me just being scared to even get into ranked stuff and like, having to actually be good even though I know that the quality of games is way higher! but I donā€™t think Iā€™d be TERRIBLE, Iā€™ve definitely been able to just straight up outplay people with my jaina so Iā€™ll be ok I think

but the other part is that I love the idea of playing pickup HOTS where itā€™s just like, letā€™s random pick heroes into a random battleground and play a game and it takes 15-25 minutes and itā€™s not a huge deal, and I can fit 2-3 of those into an hour and thatā€™s my day

I know that HOTS has a greater strategic depth that I just havenā€™t gotten to yet but itā€™s always been the short-time MOBA for me because I donā€™t want to only play 1 game in an hour

I guess Iā€™m just wondering if I should try ranked or not

What you should do is play Unranked with SisBros on Saturday. Regardless of our individual skills, we are terrible together and we lose like crazy.

Itā€™s great!

1 Like

yeah you can at least play unranked. I think itā€™s a lot more fun than QM. I still play QM too because sometimes youā€™re just like ā€œyou know I kinda want to feed as tracer for no reason right nowā€ and QM is right there to meet your needs. and queue times are shorter. unless you play valeera or something, then I think QM queue times are probably at least 30 minutes because every game has two valeeras.

Iā€™ll play on saturday! I donā€™t know my blizzname so when I get home I will post it

1 Like

Saturday night, I should specifiy. Elle and I both work Saturdays. I think?

li li is sooooo boring though

and I mean sheā€™s just a crappier brightwing. she has more damage than bw and is easier to play, which I guess is the point. the only healer I play is monk. bw is pretty fun too, Iā€™ll probably buy him at some point. I win like every game with monk, but itā€™s a small sample size and most of the time I feel like I didnā€™t really do anything. but hey, I can ward jump around the map.

Iā€™ll play some sb games if Iā€™m online when any of you are as long as Iā€™m not already in a group

The trick is you put out DPS damage while healing your team a lot for a DPSy healer. In lower MMR that shit is huge because you canā€™t trust no one to do nothinā€™

I mean, if you can get them chain kills, Ming is always good for stomping people. Also, at anything below Diamond, Ring of Frost is absolutely devastating.

That said, I didnā€™t get out of plat last season in like 150 games so :3

Like, Luico proves you really have to make big plays to get wins as a healer in them low MMRs because healing is not enough. I had a game today where I healed a full 50% of my teamā€™s damage and we got blown out.

yeah I keep telling myself to play jaina and kaelā€™thas but I donā€™t because the mage playstyle ainā€™t for me. I gotta get in there and scrap, no burst combos, which Iā€™m generally bad at anyway. but beyond their noobstomp aoe damage, they also both have great waveclear which kind of matters when you know no one else is going to bother playing the map. you can clean up that shit and get back before your team decides they really want that 4v5. as it stands the only hero I play with good waveclear is greymane. and heā€™s not as good as they are at that anyway.

li ming is a lot of fun, but if youā€™re good enough to carry every game with her youā€™re probably going to climb easily with whoever you play anyway. I donā€™t know if calamity is her best build still, but itā€™s definitely the most fun. Iā€™m pretty sure when I played this game before calamity killed creeps, now it doesnā€™t so your wave clear is shit. and calamity falls off pretty hard late game. I played a li ming game last night where I did dumpster everyone but we couldnā€™t seal the deal and eventually their zulā€™jin got to the point where he could press R and win the game. even though two of my teammates were pure potatoes it was probably my fault kinda, because when I say dumpster I mean at one point I think I had like 12 kills 12 assists and 0 deaths and I figure if I was stomping like that I probably had to make some really dumb decisions to end up not just ending the game.

damn I just looked at change logs li ming has been nerfed like 30 times

Canā€™t be that fun to play AND good. Greymane too lol

peetee8#1353 dawgs

Spacetown didnā€™t end up playing last night, but we got enough SBers and SB-adjacent people to play a full team and it turns out Selectbutton is actually not terrible at HOTS! We played a bunch of matches and settled in pretty comfortably at around mid-Platinum. Maybe the secret was Neggy all along?

seriously just upload that Tomb game to youtube. thatā€™s it. weā€™ve peaked.

sorry everyone :frowning:

would have loved to be a part of it but my girlfriend sprung on me that she wanted to try playing the arkham horror card game and itā€™s not usually the type of game that sheā€™s into so I kind of had to drop everything and learn the game and set it up so we could play

turns out itā€™s pretty good and she liked it yay

1 Like

Yay!

We ended up with 6 so ferrets didnā€™t even play so it was probably a good day to skip.