Blizzard DOTA

Won a 40 min game with an AI ragnaros on our team the whole time, which speaks more to the general skill of people playing ragnaros than it does my own skill personally

Bloodlust becoming a sane, viable, maybe even meta pick is one of the craziest things to happen in 2016

donā€™t take that last bit seriously, but still, yay

Looking for help to complete the nexus challenge if anyone is playing this over the holidays, battletag is somewhere in this thread already

I will probably be on at various times over the next few days

1 Like

holy shit HGC is incredible

1 Like

I started playing this game again. mostly with friends. I was doing pretty well. still mostly just playing whatever. then I got a quest to win 3 games. not too bad. Iā€™ve lost 11 in a row.

idk what characters I should get. I got varian cause I was doing pretty well with him and he can at least pretend to be versatile. I hesitated because varian is a stupid character and the alliance is stupid.

I think meauxdal told me once that if you play unranked draft, you effectively override whatever the daily quest conditions are and get a completion each game? I donā€™t know if it works for the 3 win quest though.

win 3 still requires you to win 3, but stipulations for ā€œplay [universe]ā€ or ā€œplay [hero class]ā€ are automatically fulfilled every time you play a draft mode

You an also just play a coop game against AI with other players and itā€™s usually pretty easy to win. Itā€™s the only way I ever win because I am super bad at this game.

Buy Murky

murky was already still strong in QM

now heā€™s unstoppable in ranked ;_;

please nerf everything by 5% and heā€™s fine imo

man murky is a d.va situation where the changes make everyone want to play him so now I donā€™t want to play him even though I want to play him :frowning:

update: since receiving this quest I am 2-19. kill me.

Just play ETC until you win

if you canā€™t win with ETC then :boh:

1 Like

I play ETC with some regularity

anyway, I powered through the tilt zone and won a few games. I also started playing hero league today and itā€™s a lot more fun than quick match! I had just assumed that there was little functional difference between shitter elo HL and QM, but thus far that has not been the case. game quality has gone up. sometimes people even listen to things! toxicity levels have been fairly high, but Iā€™m slightly better at not getting caught up in that than I was in my league days, so itā€™s been ok. downside: no one plays this game so I sit in like ten minute HL queues. Iā€™m sure itā€™d be better if I were playing at more normal times.

I didnā€™t gain a single rank this season but I did get yelled at significantly less (ifā€¦ at all?) so Iā€™m going to take that as improvement.

Iā€™m better at not yelling at people and ignoring people who yell at me than I was at league. that alone means Iā€™ll probably be a higher rank in this game than I was in league if I start grinding, which I kinda want to do in the new season.

only slightly better, though

aight nevermind Iā€™m a tiltlord fuck placements

thereā€™s a post way up in the thread that encourages you to turn off allied chat and that has helped me greatly fwiw

1 Like

I play a fair amount of DOTA but Iā€™ve only tried HOTS once. It felt really weird and didnā€™t run very well on my awful PC back then but Iā€™d be willing to try again, with friends.

1 Like