Blade Runner

This was really good and I honestly only thought the script was bad at a couple specific points. Some of the dialogue was real good, even.

1 Like

Next Blade Runner should be set in Moscow plz

1 Like

:waynestare:

Letoā€™s overblown nerd villain monologue was great.

I liked Love confronting the Chief or whatever he name was in the office.

Gosling v. Ford was good.

Just got back from seeing this. Every frame was absolutely beautiful. Favorite part was probably the beginning shot flying into LA. Will definitely watch again when itā€™s out on blu ray and I can freeze frame at will.

I havenā€™t seen this yet but should I wait before I consider writing an article with the title Blade Ruiner or not

I mean if youā€™re real addicted to being an edgechampion knock yourself out

(itā€™s fine)

well not on this account iā€™m not

I think the only thing that could have made the movie better was if they didnā€™t tie it so overtly and explicitly to the previous movie. They could have just cut off the last 45 minutes or just the bits with Harrison Ford altogether. I would have preferred an ambiguous ending and plot undercurrents that require knowledge of the first movie to really piece together rather than having everything just kind of shoved in your face and nothing really left to the imagination.

2 Likes

I saw this yesterday and enjoyed the heck out of it. My biggest problem was the movie not trusting people enough to put shit together, so it hammered big plot things homw with obvious flashbacks and such andā€¦yeah, that was kinda annoying. What was strange was how they didnā€™t do this too much about the world, leaving that for the audience to put together with references (the black out, the dirty bomb, even not really talking about Vegas at all), but then they insisted on it with the plot. But that was kinda minor and I get why it is there, just kinda could do without it. But the movie was so beautifully shot and such that I was fine just soaking in it. WOuld have been nicer if the theater I was in didnā€™t have a blown out front right peaker that rattled a lot with the sounds of the movie, but eh, canā€™t win them all I guess.

Also man, this movie had a lot of weird women issues, but I kinda saw that as an extrapolation of the weird women problems present in the first movie (and largely reflective of that movieā€™s time and place), but I also wouldnā€™t begrude anyone having a problem with it. My wife saw it with me, and while she noticed the women strangeness, it didnā€™t bother her in the way the last Fast & Furiousā€™s Problems did, so that was OK.

Final thought: old-man-with-tiny-glasses Dave Bautista is kinda super cute in this movie.

3 Likes

I saw this with my dad! My dad is a 63 year old cowboy who saw the original in theatres. We both agreed that the movienwas really quiet and good. it is not a ā€œblade ruinerā€ at all. I liked the anime ai girlfriend. Shoulda been more of that.

So, week four, still screened in 2D, saw it today.

I loved how they tried to keep up an 80ies derived aesthetic, an Audi A8 dashboard looks more futuristic than the flying carsā€™ interior here.
Also used the old Peugeot Logo iirc?
Not sure though, have to check that with ths BR later. Anyway, still impressed by the visuals of this movie. So. HUGE.

Have to lt that one sink inā€¦

It doesnā€™t seem like he doesnā€™t eat until she sets the table because his glass noodle food is disgusting - heā€™s waiting for her to set the table because thatā€™s what heā€™d do if she were real and giving him real food to eat. He is involved in roleplaying the relationship as much as she is.

2 Likes

yeah but like. it still happens? itā€™s bad

i mean i think it ruins the illusion of the whole blade runner franchise, which is that the future has been the future for so long that no one is really that nostalgic about the past or even has any idea what it was actually like

it was like a very strange back to the future 2 moment i guess idk

1 Like

I saw this last night and thought it was okay? It was very pretty. I didnā€™t feel like it did anything to justify its existence, though. It raised a couple interesting questions but then doesnā€™t do anything with them. I like how they neatly avoid confirming or denying if Deckard is a replicant. Overall though it just really failed to make any kind of impact. It was okay.

So did people just not watch final cut? Because that one totally confirmed it.

I want to engage you about authorial intent so hard right now

Well no, I mean like in Final Cut, the unicorn origami is just the thing from Deckardā€™s dream and like I guess you could think it was just coincidence that it matches his dream, butā€¦uh? I mean, if you want to go on based on a different cut, I guess that is cool. I liked FC though.

Like I am not arguing based on authorial intent, just like what is in the most recent version of the movie. I donā€™t know why you think I am super pro AI all the time when the opposite is usually the case.

final cut is good except for the stupid ā€˜deckard is a replicantā€™ horseshit

3 Likes