baba is stuck

spoiler free baba is you hint thread

rules:

• if you’re stuck, post the puzzle you’re stuck on
  • if you know the solution, try to give a vague hint to what line of thought the stuck person is missing
  • do not post solutions!
  • use blur spoilers when applicable! ie, if you’ve partially solved a puzzle, blur out what you did to partially solve it
8 Likes

Oh no I’m stuck on way too many puzzles
Will look up later

I have found exactly one puzzle to be bullshit and that’s Prison. IMO you can just go ahead and look up the solution to this one right away

Edit: It looks like the PC version of this puzzle has one more word that makes it infinitely nicer than the Switch version. I’m playing on the switch

1 Like

Ah, I like that one, that made me grin.

The ghost push/pull level with the key and slaved flag has got me now – someday soon my unconscious will solve it, I feel.

I’ve taken 4+ stabs at this Space-12: Guardians, and I can’ t figure out how to do anything but make fun patterns out of the ice.

A little tipperoo would do just nice, friends!

this fucking game makes me laugh out loud enough that i have gotten soft complaints

5 Likes

I’m noticing I get stuck the most on “do I have to make thing X temporarily into Y in order to accomplish Z” puzzles

2 Likes

I get irrationally annoyed when I start a level as keke

I like being baba!! Lemme change on my own terms!

3 Likes

I’m stuck at like 6 puzzles cleared in space, having a hard time with the ~4 more available to me, including this one

I feel like KeKe is BaBa’s lumpy large sidekick

KeKe wants to puzzle and adventure to!

But usually KeKe Is Move or KeKe Is Push

5 Likes

Okay I just finished this one, it’s slightly counterintuitive and I’m not even 100% sure if I know what happened BUT here are some hints in increasing order of bluntness

Hint 1: EMPTY is useful, but not as a word
Hint 2: PULL works for more than just items behind you
Hint 3 (most of the solution): If you assemble the rule “ICE IS PULL” at the same time as you move on to a block of ice, you will move with the ice and it will protect you from UFOs.

2 Likes

I’ve finished about 70 levels? don’t have my switch to check the exact number right now. I’m running into hard and soft walls everywhere I go now though, it’s getting to be frustrating. I will probably ask for some hints after I really push at all of the puzzles I have unlocked and determine which ones I’m really stuck on.

I am forever vexed by Fall-3 Rocky Road

Like… I don’t even know where to start lol.

1 Like

oh that one’s really easy when you stop overthinking it

I disagree! I think it’s super lynchpin-y / fiddly and I kind of hate it. It took me like 30 minutes of staring at it and I wasn’t satisfied when I finally figured it out. I’m also not sure how to give hints for it!

1 Like

Rock Is Crush

ah shit i solved this one and now i can’t remember how i did it at all. fuck. i gotta break this back open and play with it again and i’ll try to give some hints. i mean, i know the final state it needs to be in:

i know that the solution is to be on the right side and have the rock be pushable, then you push it over all three water blocks to melt them, but i can’t remember how you get to that point.

I agree with this. I finished this one convinced I did it wrong, because it felt unwiedly and loose.

I don’t remember exactly what I did though.

Why is spoiler text not working for me

Hint 1: Rock is hot and Water is Melt are red herrings.

Hint 2: When you move, two things happen: you move, and the consequence of your movement happens (text is pushed, for example) The two things don’t happen at once, but in succession

Hint 3: You can’t teleport after Rock is Push, but maybe you can teleport one nanosecond before Rock Is Push

2 Likes

there have definitely been a few like this where after I solved it I was like… how did I even solve that??

some of these puzzles have a “rock-fucking” (sometimes literally lol) kind of quality to them that doesn’t always work well imo

1 Like

you have to use bbcode brackets like [], not XML

1 Like