Avengers open beta out on PS4

I feel like part of the reason projectile attacks were made so strong is because melee attacks are trivial to deal with thanks to the game’s lenient dodge system. You pretty much don’t have to worry about melee attacks no matter what they are because almost all of them are just punches. You can just duck under almost all of them, keeping you in place to to keep your pummeling going. Meanwhile projectiles track you very well such that dodging doesn’t always dodge them, laser beams last longer than your invincibility frames and tend to track your dodge very well too, and projectiles tend to be numerous so even if you dodge one you can get hit by another.

Maybe if there were more interesting and expressive melee attacks from enemies then ranged attacks wouldn’t have to be the main threat. Or maybe not give the game the nu-God of War duck-in-place dodge so you actually have to move around more.

It’s been a month since release and the game is still deleting saves, loot drops aren’t functioning correctly, multiplayer isn’t stable, and the The Raid is still not available despite people being able to glitch into it a week or two ago. So I assume the development is on fire and no one knows when anything will be in a playable state anymore. The roadmap is probably a bunch of calendars for each month stapled to a wall in vertical order and and all the content names are written in ice cream so they all perpetually melt down into later months of the year.

I wonder if they’re actually planning to release the next gen version with the consoles or if they can hold it off and do a more stable “re-launch” of the game, whenever that would be.

4 Likes