Avengers open beta out on PS4

I read about this on another forum and had to check if it was real, and it is. This game actually has an elemental weakness system that isn’t mentioned anywhere but one of the many possible loading screen tips. But it’s somehow just as weird as everything else about this game.

So the 6 elements in the game are effectively just 2 elements, categorized based on color temperature? Color temperature of what though? And why are so many status effects effectively the same thing? And apparently Cosmic was in the open beta last month but isn’t actually in the final release?

Also could I get an explanation on the perk descriptions? Is there a difference between dealing elemental damage, deploying a concentrated wave, causing a flare, dispersing a field, causing an explosion, etc? How much of it is flavor and how much of it actually means something?

And another thing, this tool tip says red attacks can’t be parried but I’m pretty sure Ms. Marvel’s tutorial said she could? But I’ve never gotten it to work, so is her tutorial just wrong? Did something get changed and her tutorial never got updated?

7 Likes