art of rally

Oh talk about a blast from the past.
Yeah I was really into it for quite a few months. Really liked the physics in rain specially… specially with the crazy handling cars like gr.b the rotary b7 (Mazda RX7) and gr.2 la wedge (Lancia Stratos).

I even got kinda deep with the community, and it was pretty good. Nice folk for the big majority.
It was a very fun time, but after I’ve done all the liveries I wanted… kinda felt there was nothing else for me to do.
However, I do know people who were at it before me, and are still at it right now.

That first time you go and do the “career” the first time… it is a marvelous voyage.
I still can’t express how my heart gets really tight and comfortable just remembering that first time. I’m not a huge “car guy”, but I do love them, and loved playing with small cars when I was a child.
That aesthetic, imo, is where it stands stronger. It’s like you are playing the game with Hot Wheels cars… but with a bit of more serious on the side. Same with physics. They are not simulator like, but they are serious enough for you to enjoy it with a bit more seriousness.
But the absolute best part is still the music. I loved it every bit of the way. Did a couple of longer road trips listening to it with my partner, and it was just beyond lovely.
I was actually lucky enough to get the OST creator to come around when I streamed my first playthrough of the game. He gave me the OST… that was nice. I went to his page and bought the rest of his discography, also pretty cool.

I was out of contact with cars and racing games for a very very long time. And that game allowed me to get in touch with that lost part of my childhood. Just squeezes my heart with a very pleasant, comfortable, nostalgic, soft pain pain.

tbh… I still sometimes have a small wish to go back and get decent at playing it again so I can do more of those videos like the ones I have around this thread.

Give a shout if you want my liveries, they are easy to install and I did a pack with all of them, with various qualities.
If you read the thread you probably already know this, but the liveries are kinda “re-installments” of various liveries from the Wipeout franchise, another old love of mine.

3 Likes