art of rally

._@___@_.
 .vVVVVVv.
 .-------.
1 Like

download @ the original F7200 Icaras | RaceDepartment

There it goes, our own invincible Toreno, the original.
I called that first photo “flying sakura”.

No poll this time. Only turbo brick and Qirez left.
I’ll try to do a bad ass one =P

2 Likes

loving the fourth shot, just :train2::+1:

1 Like

erm… sorry if this will sound too much like a PM on a forum but see if I care.

which number sonic? both gallery and SB pictures, numbers match (not letters, m for mid b for big).

1 Like

M03,

1 Like

yeah, the other one with those light bug thingies has more of them, but only a car going uphill.
this one has some bit of skidding there, and some control movement, WITH the fireflies.

1 Like

download @ turbo brick F7200 Qirex | RaceDepartment

That’s it guys. Finished doing one livery per car of art of rally’s Group 4.
I’ll advance to the monstrous Group B, skined with Wipeout Pure only liveries.

Can’t wait for that, but I’m going to take my time to start.
I would like to enjoy doing some more time attack videos.

BTW, any comments on how to make them more interesting, or even building something out of them, please tell me your ideas.
There’s like… 6 stages, then reverse, in 5 countries… soooooo
I’ll have a bunch of these to make. I can aim for an epic story here.
I’m open to any suggestions.

1 Like

idk whether that is just me, but the foremost reason for doing a replay vid must… or should… be that you enjoy driving the car. That does not mean that it has to be a good, clean, or fast lap, it is rather all about the feeling you have when driving. If a run feels like you drove on razors edge all of the time, it should be fun and get your Adrenalin going.

That’s also why endurance racing isn’t the right thing for vids/replays, since it is more about enduring, and the rare moments inbetween that make an impression, inbetween the perfection of metronomical performance that may be boring most of the time.

1 Like

yeah, haven’t put this one here yet:

Another first place.
What I was trying to go for is that… well… tbh the leaderboards are kinda, but not stupidly challenging.
And a thing about this game is that… it looks much more beautiful when you play it well.
Comparatively with… oh Damn Souls. You know when you see someone doing a boss right? Not perfect but dogdes a few good boss combos, takes a few hits, but dodges other, at the end defeats the boss in one or a couple of tries.

To my perception, the majority of the 1st places in leaderboards for the rain stages are about at that level. I can compare “actively” that each stage kinda feels like a boss, or a stretch of length from a boss to another.

Also, tbh, I am actively not getting 1st places in the game on purpose (break before the line).
I am interested in showing how the gameplay and game aesthetic combined look beautiful, but will only show interesting at a certain level.

I admit I am doing incredibly boring videos for the majority of human, and even for the majority of car or whatever enthusiasts. But I’m wishfully hoping that maybe at least to someone that plays the game, the video looks skillfully beautiful.

Or something.

2 Likes

i’m playing this game a bit and mostly liking it. I like the minimalist presentation and the car physics are really good. still working through the main game to unlock stuff

1 Like

Oh talk about a blast from the past.
Yeah I was really into it for quite a few months. Really liked the physics in rain specially… specially with the crazy handling cars like gr.b the rotary b7 (Mazda RX7) and gr.2 la wedge (Lancia Stratos).

I even got kinda deep with the community, and it was pretty good. Nice folk for the big majority.
It was a very fun time, but after I’ve done all the liveries I wanted… kinda felt there was nothing else for me to do.
However, I do know people who were at it before me, and are still at it right now.

That first time you go and do the “career” the first time… it is a marvelous voyage.
I still can’t express how my heart gets really tight and comfortable just remembering that first time. I’m not a huge “car guy”, but I do love them, and loved playing with small cars when I was a child.
That aesthetic, imo, is where it stands stronger. It’s like you are playing the game with Hot Wheels cars… but with a bit of more serious on the side. Same with physics. They are not simulator like, but they are serious enough for you to enjoy it with a bit more seriousness.
But the absolute best part is still the music. I loved it every bit of the way. Did a couple of longer road trips listening to it with my partner, and it was just beyond lovely.
I was actually lucky enough to get the OST creator to come around when I streamed my first playthrough of the game. He gave me the OST… that was nice. I went to his page and bought the rest of his discography, also pretty cool.

I was out of contact with cars and racing games for a very very long time. And that game allowed me to get in touch with that lost part of my childhood. Just squeezes my heart with a very pleasant, comfortable, nostalgic, soft pain pain.

tbh… I still sometimes have a small wish to go back and get decent at playing it again so I can do more of those videos like the ones I have around this thread.

Give a shout if you want my liveries, they are easy to install and I did a pack with all of them, with various qualities.
If you read the thread you probably already know this, but the liveries are kinda “re-installments” of various liveries from the Wipeout franchise, another old love of mine.

3 Likes