Are there any games that only you have played?

i’ve played Normality. my brother’s friend gave us a giant bag of CD-Rom software/games that had a demo disc of it on it along with other stuff (like this game Spycraft: The Great Game… that’s one other people here might not have ever played. i wish i remembered anything else that was in there) and i remember being really into the presentation of the game but i couldn’t really get anywhere because i didn’t have the attention span for adventure games. The same company made the cult favorite weird horror/fps/adventure game hybrid Realms of The Haunting in the same engine right after.

i’ve played enough random games when i used to dig through Ludum Dare entries a lot more or like judging for festivals or playing small games by friends that the answer for me on this topic is a very mundane yes.

1 Like

I played a tonne of both. The second one is more polished, and it let’s you skip cars across bodies of water.

There’s a bunch of shareware stuff I feel like I am probably the only one here to have played. One that always sticks out in my memory is called ‘Funball’. I mostly remember the loud synthy music.

Also I remember one called ‘Lamers’ which was basically reverse Lemmings, try to kill all the dudes before they get to the exit with a variety of weapons. It always ran too fast for me to kill more than one or two.

I also feel like probably nobody else here might have played Andy Capp for the C64? That’s another one I played maybe once or twice and never forgot the music.

1 Like

Played this out of morbid curiosity. Got about an hour in and dropped it like a rock. I’m convinced Sonic Team are unimpeachable in Sega’s eyes despite their output.

512HQBMQ4DL.AC

This was a question at QoP2019 :happig:

I would say Sword of Fortress The Oznomium.

Barring that Gunsport?

1 Like

Oh I don’t think so? Though I did play the N64 Mickey’s Speedway USA. I wanted to like it, but my memory is that Rare just really phoned it in.

one year in my late teens, i was going to an anime forum meet and the othe forumgoers had heard from mt friend that my parents weren’t getting me anything for xmas that year, so they ll got me stuff, and a copy of project rub was one of the things

3 Likes

Yes. Something I had to do in high school in order to have enough community service hours to graduate (this was Catholic school) was to assist with an elementary school computer class elsewhere in the same building. Jump Start 4th Grade was more or less the default computer game in that class.

1 Like

I’ve been sitting on a sealed copy of Jewish IQ Basketball for a couple years, that game only has 8 (9 now) search results, and all of them are ancient websites.

Filled with hot three-point bombs, sizzling one-on-one action, and all the excitement and thrills of basketball! Your skills and marksmanship are based on how well you can answer hundreds of questions on Jewish history, prayer, Mitzvot, Bible and much more!

9 Likes

this micro jrpg on a PC game compilation disc i had when i was a kid called Jiji and the Mysterious Forest

there’s very little info about it online but i did find this old-school shrine page

4 Likes

Has anyone else played the computer game based on the Russian “Ну, погоди!” cartoon? (My copy is an Estonian translation.)

4 Likes

You bet I am!

1 Like

I thought I remembered someone talking about it a couple years back!

Wonder if anyone has done anything cool with the source.

oh cool this got a youtube

1 Like

i’ve played andy capp for the cpc a lot as a kid :slight_smile: never went anywhere much but i enjoyed drinking, harassing women and getting into fights with cops.

what’s everyone’s favourite amstrad cpc games anyway? psyborg was good

1 Like

I always wanted to do something with it but never have. I think it might be time for SDLEvil at least.

1 Like

i think my pipeline for lesser known games was @Sykel’s little freeware column -> home of the underdogs -> @wourme’s recommendation webpage, and also i remember using stumble upon and coming across @azurelore’s entry for insert credit at one point. otherwise i’d be thinking of obscure DOS games like uh, Scorched Earth, or that one Bitmap Brothers game with the lush sky gradient that Foddy adores. i’m firmly a second generation SBer i feel. i vaguely remember playing some DOS platforms with a pizza guy or something? i got really into a win95 remake of thexder from one of those 100 in 1 CDs once

7 Likes

this probably isn’t the right thread for this but I don’t know what would be. has anyone even heard of this weird super famicom jrpg called G.O.D. (Growth or Devolution)? I can’t even find any clean, commentary-free youtube footage of it, and the fan translation only came out like last year, so here’s the article ajutla linked me to about it today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/9jvndl/lets_talk_about_god_growth_or_devolution/

G.O.D. could be described as a feverishly bizarre and imaginative mix of Earthbound and some traits of Quintet’s Soul Blazer pseudo-series, at least before it starts subverting some of its own plot points and taking some pages out of the Megaten playbook later on. The game starts as the young protagonist, complete with a red cap reminiscent of Ness, decides to visit his grandmother in Hokkaido after finishing his schoolyear and leaves home on his trusty bike. Soon enough, his trip is derailed when he finds a mysterious artifact on a nearby mountain and, just after touching it, is forced to witness an alien fleet destroying his home town. Then, our hero phases out only to awaken ten years later in a military base near Tokyo, where the BLESS group founded by the United Nations is organizing some sort of resistance against the alien invaders and the monsters they have unleashed in Japan and the rest of the world.

I just like honestly am amazed that I’ve never heard of this bc it seems extremely up my alley and also just extremely SB. has there been discussion here about it that I’ve missed?

3 Likes

I’ve played it a little bit of it, kind of has a darker Earthbound vibe. Honestly my favorite part was the third screen of the game where you’re just riding your bike down a country road, crossing railroad tracks. Once the big alien attack happens the world gets less interesting but I’d still like to go back to it.

1 Like

i dont WANT to be the only person whos played cats who stare at ghosts but here we are