anime thread

i liked free! i thought it was cute. the fanservice made me feel awful for watching it tho. it seemed out of place because the characters physical age doesn’t sync up to their mental one.

when i found out that they’re all in middle school in the manga, that helped clear things up.

they didn’t really bother to adjust them in a logical way for the show but, ’ it’s a modern sports anime ’ , i guess

There are like 100 anime games on sale on steam right now, which ones should i buy?

There’s almost 300 games, actually. It really depends on what you’re looking for, since there’s a buttload of variety in there. There are a bunch of VNs discounted really cheap, there are the Umihara Kawase games, there’s a Kunio-kun game, the Momodora games, a bunch of good STGs and fightmans… There’s too much.

what I’m saying is you should spend all your money on the “big tiddy girls play old tabletop games” series

well, now I’m watching kill la kill

4 Likes

i’m still watching dragon ball super
since i have nothing better to do

is this anime good?

it’s nothing new if you followed the rest of the dragonball series. it’s fun, sillyand absolutely ridiculous like everything else toriyama makes. the difference is that he actually tried this time around. we’re even graced with things like actual character development and plot points with no holes!

i feel like he spent some time laughing at himself and the tropes of the show and am having a hard time seeing how it could be any other way.

if you have time and don’t mind the sub ( the fan dub is…not good ) , then go for it.

Cool, dude.

Shame about that Toei animation effort though. I hear that Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 is finally a proper cartoon, maybe DBZ Super can get some of that love.

is this an actual thing that I have heretofore been unaware of
is this like a soul cancer version of Poker Night at the Inventory
who is actually making such titles

It is a super actual thing, unfortunately. Just search “pretty girl” on steam and you’ll find a handful of them.

i stopped watching crystal because it was painful. dbzs has shaped up after a rocky start too.

Most recent season of sailor moon crystal has basically completely different staff animating it and it is… No longer painful.

Just skip ahead to it and pretend the first two seasons dont exist. They replaced all the bad cg transformation sequences w decent 2d animations and the style of the show bears no resemblance to what it looked like before

1 Like

oh, mahjong and poker softcore stuff.
In my mind I had this sort of wondrous idea of playing Monopoly or Clue or Game of Life clones with moe tropes filling in for other players

1 Like

o, wow. kami is real. can’t wait to peep this later on today, thanks.

They also heavily improved on the writing and pacing by no longer sticking to a hamfisted panel by panel recreation of the manga

that’s awesome because i…i didn’t read it.
at least not enough to remember any of the differences.

people were like ’ you should support it because it’s a faithful adaption!!1 '
and i was like ’ but it’s hideous…so… ._. ’

has the plot progressed to the outer senshi yet? it was my favorite thing about the og show and possibly the only reason it had such an imprint on me growing up.

Yeah the current season is their introduction

:sparkling_heart:
perfect
hotaru is my hero

I think you will be pleased. So much focus on Hotaru

1 Like