All We Can Do Is Wait (Persona 5)

I love p5 mostly cuz of it’s cast. I’m not looking forward to human morgana making more gross comments about ann. I’d rather just have a new persona game by a different director or getting rid of whoever thinks this shit is funny when like, yosuke is more interesting as a Funny Art Man than anything. I played persona 4 a year or two before and it is undoubtedly the worst one I’ve played. Every field trip or w/e had at no point any good parts, it was always making fun of something or somebody in a gross way. and Teddie leers way more at the female cast than like, anybody in persona 3 or 5. idk I played through the whole thing and it was just miserable. I still enjoyed the cast but not because of the writing lol. I didn’t play golden, just the ps2 version. I imagine I’d prolly have a more fun time if I did ig bcuz part of why I enjoyed p5 so much was playing the game itself. except when it gets too long. which is always with every dungeon. but I played on hard and I had a real fun time strategizing alot of the fights. anyways I just like, enjoyed everything about that game more.

I nvr saw the whole “you’re a manipulative asshole” angle of p3 but I haven’t played it in forever. I watched the movies (don’t watch the movies) and it did give the mc more character by making him into an emotional distant traumatized teen. also I only played it with the female mc in p3p which was prolly written better. she had different social links at least.

anyways those are my persona thoughts. I love 3 and 5 but wish they weren’t written by Gross People aka sega atlus basically. anyways if you want a reason to completely dismiss my opinion I related to the tired maid teacher (yikes!)(side rant: it’s dumb that all the social links in p5 basically end with you fighting whoever is the one causing the character trouble in mementos like what kind of character arc resolution is that) and tbh the thing that got me most excited in the p5r trailer was more akechi (yikes!!) and being able to hang out with the velvet room twins (yikes!!!). I stopped caring about Leggy New Character after knowing she wouldn’t be like an alternate female mc

6 Likes