all things #shrugpunk

There’s a new show about the Trojan War on Netflix …? What is it? Where did it come from? Has shrug seen it yet?

oh no

oh this is that one where people were mad because achilles is black and compared it to whitewashing non-white characters by casting white actors as poc in other adaptations of whatever

people are really stupid sometimes

4:05 into the first episode and Paris is a horny sheperd introduced as bare buttocks thrusting into a woman out in an open field

is this… peak television?

they play with the alexandros/paris thing by having paris be his fakename as a herdsdude’s fakeson then when he bets his way into a wrasslin’ contest in the big city and bites hector in the face it’s revealed his True Name is PRINCE ALEXANDER

THIS SHOW’S VERSION OF SPARTA APPEARS TO HAVE A DEFENSIVE WALL IN A BRIEF INCIDENTAL SHOT WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THI

“So… How did you two get together?”

really captures the spirit and poetry of Homer

paris thrusts endlessly into helen

intercut with his sister cassandra’s restless slumber

I’m so sorry for obligating you to have this experience

only seven episodes to go!

Hecuba finally gets lines in the second episode I thought she was just going to sit in bed looking haunted forever despite being played by the only recognizable actor in the whole cast

diomedes looks like a chump

odysseus looks like sean bean and nic cage had a babby then the babby grew up and a wax figure was made in its likeness

paris’ thrusts into helen are now intercut with agamemnon sacrificing his daughter on the beach

incredible motif they’re building across episodes

hoping for some sort of thinkpiece on this dude’s pistoning buttocks

there’s so much leather with weird other bits of leather attached to it and so many rivets

achilles has asymmetrical shoulder pads in this scene

characters run screaming at one another in big loose lines battle

Achilles impassively throws a spear back at a guy and hits him in the back of the head and the spear comes out his gasping mouth but the greeks are in retreat for the night

weird paris isn’t thrusting right now

I am seething with Achillean rage