all things #shrugpunk

a real tactics

So they’re taking turns wielding blows, and because of this they can block most of them but are still picking up knicks and scrapes?

So a solid hit occurs every so often, and whoops, he died, but often dudes come out of it okay and have repaired standing/honor?

I believe holmganga rules were something like “it ends when blood shows on the cloak they’re fighting on.” A good solid hit and you’re maimed or dead. People are often depicted as becoming much less eager to defend their honor or push for redress of X slight as soon as their shield is broken, because without the shield their chances of avoiding that good solid hit go down exponentially. They also seem ok with letting opponents refresh weapons/shields even under informal conditions. It can sort of leave the impression of people who’d really rather not kill one another if they don’t have to but gosh, this is their legal recourse, and they’ll be damned if they’ll just walk off when the other guy might get tired of the possibility of impending death/murder first!

2 Likes

Something about the extremely small populations at play… The only other legal redress was outlawry

Those icelanders had such a legalistic society, I have been reading the sagas as basically law and order medieval edition

4 Likes

spider helmet D:

well gosh

1 Like

Hey I thought I recognized this and then yeah that watermark. Man, the armor court at that museum rules. Also makes you realize how tiny dudes used to be.

7 Likes

it’s true

vallejo was afraid of real butts

This thread is now only for this meme

2 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

There’s a new show about the Trojan War on Netflix …? What is it? Where did it come from? Has shrug seen it yet?

oh no

oh this is that one where people were mad because achilles is black and compared it to whitewashing non-white characters by casting white actors as poc in other adaptations of whatever

people are really stupid sometimes

4:05 into the first episode and Paris is a horny sheperd introduced as bare buttocks thrusting into a woman out in an open field

is this… peak television?

1 Like

they play with the alexandros/paris thing by having paris be his fakename as a herdsdude’s fakeson then when he bets his way into a wrasslin’ contest in the big city and bites hector in the face it’s revealed his True Name is PRINCE ALEXANDER