Action Cinema 2020 - 2029

Also horror and thrillers, probably.

Kicking off with polar opposite but equally obsessive approaches to structure and aesthetics.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Tenet besides the trailer that got paired with Star Wars, and I don’t know anything about Inception besides that trailer, but homeboy needs to stop his movies from at least being marketed as the boring straightlaced “grown-up” versions of the Matrix.

4 Likes

If Luther or Third Rock from the Sun showed up looking mallgoth to a bootleg Warp Records track, I’d be all in.

1 Like

I’m starting the decade talking shit about stuff I don’t actually know anything about.

1 Like

very funny that chris nolan’s image of the afterlife is men standing around in suits

3 Likes

I … don’t think it’s the literal afterlife…

1 Like

this feels like a late 00s nostalgia piece if that’s possible

shoot 'em up: the next generation

Even when it came out, Scott Pilgrim vs the World even at the time felt more like a movie that would be more remembered for being influential on later movies than as a movie itself to me.

This seems right on time.

1 Like

What’s stranger is I feel like I saw images from filming this like two or more years ago?

1 Like
2 Likes

Anyone know what movie(s) are clipped in this video?

feels like i wished on a money’s paw for them to bring back “A Man Called Hawk”

2 Likes

Alan Arkin, though? I mean. Alan Arkin

not only is this color treated in marvel dishwater grey with incredibly dire cgi i feel like they wheeled out chan and schwarzenegger from the nursing home to do exactly one scene as a scam to get people in theaters and i am so excited

4 Likes

I didn’t dare hope after the way Warner fucked him over but here we go:

5 Likes

This looks better than Mulan

What the fuck.

1 Like