💇‍♀️💄 ~ a e s t h e t i c s ~ 💅💈

here’s a thread for discussing and asking questions about beauty, grooming, personal aesthetics, Lookin Good, etc. probably going to be more of an emphasis on femme folks because of where the interest in having this thread is coming from but everybody’s welcome to talk about stuff they do or would like to do. butch/femme/andro/none-of-the-above/whatever looks welcome here!

~ a few favors i’d like to ask ~

• please ask whatever you want even if you feel like it’s basic or whatever. if you have no idea where to start this is the thread for you! there are no ““dumb”” questions
  • please be nice and non-judgemental! it’s cool if you look different than other folks, talk about why your look makes you feel good, not why other people should do it too
  • "beauty & self-care is frivolous / i don’t care how i look and neither should you" takes aren’t welcome!! this isn’t the place to debate that, it’s for folks to help each other look & feel their best

ok!! have fun & be cute <3

16 Likes

this LA Girl “Gel” Nail Polish is very fucking good and shiny:

i want to know what y’all do to make nail polish last more than like 4 days though. Or is that just…nail polish?

1 Like

Also, hyaluronic acid post-face-shaving has been a M-I-R-A-C-L-E, everyone should do this. It so efficiently moisturizes my face back to being almost-normal, and it has badass name. You wanna put some acid on your face?? I do.

nail longevity hot tips:

using a basecoat, more than one coat of your color, AND a topcoat will make polish go a LONG way. Mine looks great for a week and good for a month, though admittedly im extremely obsessive and take it off after a week usually

Another hot tip is to, at the end of your polished nails once theyre all dried and finished, to file them juuuust a tiny bit at the ends. I THINK this makes it harder for them to chip, because there’s not multiple stacks of polish at the end of your nail waiting to be picked apart like a layer cake, rather its sloped down to the end of your nail so its harder to get knocked off. Anyway they do it at salons so I started doing it? It also just kinda does a nice thing for the shape

Here’s a quick diagram I made to illustrate 'cause I don’t even understand what I wrote uhhh I’m an idiot and I made it transparent with black lines and text but frankly i can’t be bothered to change that:

Also its good to file and shape problem areas in your nail BEFORE painting, as another preventative measure to chipping. If you see in the geometry of the edge of your nail a tiny little divet where maybe you chipped a tiny piece from hitting something, smooth that out, or that will catch things like threads and annoy you, but also is a weak point and can lead to breaks.

Also helpful way to prevent nail and paint chips is knowing your nails; if you know your nails are brittle, maybe keep em a bit shorter.

4 Likes

seconding base & top coat, I usually go basecoat -> color > color -> topcoat and it’ll be good for 2 weeks to a months. the basecoat is the orly rubberized one and the topcoat is seche vive.

2 Likes

i have decided to try sealing my yoof in with retinoids and neuro peptides
i won’t get away with my shit forever

2 Likes

a bunch of my bracelets broke and i barely jangle when i walk. where can i get some bracelets that i dont take off til they break (no leather)

1 Like

Paracord bracelets are definitely durable and paracord comes in a ton of bright colors.

https://www.rei.com/blog/camp/diy-paracord-survival-bracelet

You can skip the buckle if it’s never coming off.

oh yeah ive seen these everywhere, i guess if i come across some paracord i can make it.

what I actually truly deep down want are bakelite bracelets i think, and more phone cord bracelets

2 Likes

I have used the quarantine time to grow the most rapacious, horrible grizzly adams beard imaginable

We will see what can be done

2 Likes

melting surplus bakelite ak mags into bracelets is the new beating swords into plowshares

2 Likes

that would be the best bracelet ever TWISTED UP GUN PARTS FOR BRACELETS IS SO COOL

i am finding out exactly how wretched my scant facial hair complement can become

Pardon me shrug but bakelite is a thermoset plastic and cannot be melted and reformed

4 Likes

9 Likes

this is the second or third most owned I’ve ever been on the internet

I’m glad it was you

4 Likes

like one hour ago my wife gave me the honor of buzzing her head :pray::pray::pray:

9 Likes

did you re enact the first scene of holy mountain to do it?

re: bangs if youre LAZY

just get bangs scissors you’ll never be able to fuck up your fringe again. i have a pair of daiso ones thats cheapness makes my hair look better

one of my favorite things to watch online is women fucking up cutting their own bangs

2 Likes

i keep thinking about buzzing the other side of my head and going for full on Queer Mullet but my partner (playfully) scowls at me whenever i float the idea lol

“in the last year i grew a mullet and some tits” has a certain energy to it tho

6 Likes

queer mullet is such a fuckin look ahh