3DS emulation appears to be fullspeed now

You’ll always see your cursor moving onscreen in relation to you moving the pen around. Likely the tablet and screen aren’t the same size but somehow that doesn’t feel too bad. It’s really great when drawing to be able to arbitrarily zoom in/out as much as you want to compensate for your motor skills!

Obviously drawing directly on the screen is an upgrade but Cintiqs are priced as professional equipment ($2,800 US), so

I should try to emulate trauma center on my Arch Linux equipped Dell Venue 11 Pro With Activr Stylus because I’m a jerk

trauma center on drawing tablet is hard and also good arm exercise

3D World isn’t nearly as good as original World or Bros. 3. It’s dumb fun in multiplayer I guess.

Dragon quest vii

Has opinion soured on Bravely? For a minute it sounded like that was The Good Jarpig.

Yeah, Bravely is tedious garbage. Interminable nonsense story and boxes-and-hallways dungeon design. Mechanics completely trivialize non-boss battles (just brave 4x fight to win on first turn, never fails) and the bosses don’t really exercise them either until the very late game (which isn’t worth suffering to). Padded for length all over the place.

Four Heroes of Light was way better, this is one of those dev teams that works better under the influence of nostalgia and with a bit less ambition.

2 Likes

I feel like everything they’ve done after the FF3 remake has basically been diminishing returns. Plus it’s a crying shame they went on from FF4 DS to four heroes rather than making FF5/6 in that engine.

1 Like

Bravely Default is mechanically interesting and appropriately demanding on hard, all the systems (brave/default + job system)!work together nicely.

The standard " attack / heal" strategy stops working fine and you need to develop new strategies and adapt.

I remember stacking all status accuracy on one character, have him cast a multitarget poison spell at the beginning of a round, then have the others cast a spell that does mega damage to every poisoned character on the field.

The game world is boring and I literally skipped all cutscenes / text after the first one. Teenage girls are grossly sexualized. I found the game to be a triumph of JRPG design but the rest is so unappealing that I probably wouldn’t play it now.

3DS was a big letdown for me, I ended up playing Atlus RPG, Picross games, and overall being disappointed by everything else including 3D Land and all other Nintendo properties

2 Likes

The one strong point for Bravely Default is the opening is this surprising ARG that is pretty cool and useless on not real hardware.

The towns look cool and the battle models are incredible.

1 Like

Town coolness is definitely one of their strengths, but I remember being most impressed by the Four Heroes of Light towns, some of which have a Wind-Waker-esque vertical layout.

noah’s cradle is alright i guess, blaster master zero if oyu dont have a svvitch

How does one emulate 3DS?

Has it reached the point of: get emu + get rom and run?

About six months ago I tried setting up Citra to try Crimson Shroud and I got some error messages about encrypted ROMs or somesuch. What’s up with that?

You need decrypted roms

…the best place for which, iirc, is big dumps on like, 3dsiso dot com or whatever

1 Like

Wait… Can I practice a 3ds MonHun before world cones out? Is MonHun emulation good?

it was like the last thing still not working in citra six months ago