360° Degrees of Xbox S * X: Series one (xbone original)

I got an xbox Series X to play Starfield and now i’m trying to figure out what to do with the thing.

Didn’t look like there was a thread on the xBox line of weird decisions, so I thought I would start one.

Is the xBox even worth Talking about?

Prior thread about the OG

Emulate Panzer Dragoon Orta in 4K.

4 Likes

I have an xbox one x basically because i can play ace combat 6 on it.

5 Likes

i cant not read this thread title as 360 DEGREES OF XBOX SEX

perfect

can we talk about how the little rectangle guy is this generations pc engine based solely on cuteness/portability

6 Likes

i use my series s to play skate 1, skate 2 and skate 3.

5 Likes

This was my H*cking intention

1 Like

I keep having a weird inclination to try the weird WWII Werewolf SRPG on the 360 called Operation Darnkess.

I was sad it’s not on the Backwards compatibility List.

I got Shadows of War for XBone for 4$ at game stop

I stuck my Orta CD and it downloaded something and then it wouldn’t let me run it without the CD in it and I thought that was dumb.

as a console with a distinct identity this xbox is pretty whatever but i really like how cute and portable my series S is. being able to just turn it off normally, unplug, and move to another TV without losing progress or encountering OS bugs still feels magical after suffering the PS4 for years

the xbox mobile app is bad but actual remote play works really well even when both my tablet and xbox are on wifi. i wouldn’t play armored core on it but i played fortnite that way until microsoft added discord voice support in a patch a few months ago

14 Likes

What a good lil’ guy

All the execution on the xbox serieses is quite good just none of the first party games really turned into must-plays and sony did a much better job with exclusives so even as a ps4 pro+ the ps5 wins on catalog

2 Likes

lol

Also persistent rumors of a PS5 Pro coming sometime next year as well. I’m glad I waited on the current gen.

Lots of bombshell news coming out of this trial. Apparently Xbox want to purchase Nintendo and are also considering exiting the gaming business altogether if gamepass subscriptions don’t pick up in the next few years.

Glad the SeX leak is just different I/O, better wifi, and efficiency tweaks. it’s not an actual performance boost. I’m bummed that they didn’t keep the rectangle aesthetic. It really is the best.

I thought i read this shit makes like $200mil a month, how is this not enough?

I picked up a launch model Xbone a couple years ago. Is it a great console when you have a PC and a PS4? No. But it does offer a small solid selection of stuff you can’t live without if you’re a freak like me.

Installed on my 'bone:

• Rare Replay - Great interviews with staff, 60FPS N64 ports, Perfect Dark remaster is really nice
  • Hydro Thunder Hurricane - Great sequel to the original, a classic Midway racer, has the polish of modern Raw Thrills titles except you actually have control of your vehicle, I find it funny whenever I unlock a new GamerTag icon
  • Ninja Gaiden Black - Still the GOAT, accept no Sigma substitutes
  • Ninja Gaiden 2 - Playable cocaine. Good fun, especially if you think you’d enjoy LARPing as the AVGN
  • Dead or Alive 1 and 2 (Ultimate), 3, 4 - Gotten into DoA lately and it’s like Virtua Fighter but faster and silly. Who dunked on this?
  • Lost Odyssey - Hasn’t pulled me yet but it’s Mistwalker AND character designs from Takehiko Inoue AND I’m pretty sure I got it for free
  • Ace Combat 6 - I’ll admit it didn’t draw me like the other entries but I got it for $3
  • Gears of War 2, 3, Judgement - Fun, but Gears is always better co-op. Gears is crying out for the Master Chief Collection treatment

I’ll admit most of these games are through backwards compatibility, but Microsoft is the last company offering this as a legit solution, and after trying some of these titles on Xemu and Xenia, Microsoft is currently offering a much better experience. So I’m happy to pay for them. It’s a pretty decent backwards compatibility list, barring the lack of Cave shmups(?)

7 Likes

Because they’re paying metric shitloads to get games on the service. Like tens and hundreds of millions of dollars for the non-indie games. I heard on an IGN podcast they had paid Bungie like 3 billion dollars for their stuff. Or something like that. They’re counting on the service to keep growing to cover the losses they’ve already incurred.

Console subscribers have basically reached saturation, now they need PC and cloud-based players to start subscribing in much greater numbers, asap.

Those leaks are so depressing.

“Adorably all digital”

It’s cute that we are nuking the physical drive!

And their future roadmaps point to offloading more and more gaming to the cloud.

The new version of the controller can connect directly to the cloud or whatever.

At least I’ll be able to finally explore my backlog properly when all this stuff becomes the norm and I tap out of modern gaming.

Edit: Gamer’s Nexus called it the Xtube! :rofl:

6 Likes

20230920_075501

I guess they never came up with a software mod for the 360

1 Like