2022 in video games

oh! the new asuka 120% game and mega drive port, if those are still happening

4 Likes

Dudes I was in HIGH SCHOOL when I first saw this on Kickstarter.

1 Like

GT7 of course. We haven’t gotten a proper GT since 6 on the PS3.

Elden Ring :ring: :sparkles:

3 Likes

King of Fighters XV
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (although the new trailer put me off kinda)
Forspoken
99 Fails
Showa American Story
We are OFK (I have a degenerate, forensic interest in the project)
River City Girls 2 (maybe)
Untitled The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel
Bayonetta 3
Harold Halibut
UFO50
Palworld

Still waiting on the right time to buy a PlayStation 5 which is whenever I actually start playing games again and it becomes worth the money to play the 3-4 titles I am interested in.

4 Likes

7 Likes

yeah i must admit, while none of those pixel remasters have appealed besides 3 so far, i’m very curious how 6 turns out

hope they don’t nerf rafflesia

yeah i only care about iii too. i think i have it. for vi, the previous port is an abomination so i’m hoping this remaster is an improvement. it got delayed so they could work on it more so i hope it won’t be the typical botched launch that square enix titles tend to have

there was an image going around about how this was the first kirby game to have a content warning for 7 year olds because it contained “fear” and for some reason my first thought was “looks like kirby meat’s back on the menu” and now i can’t stop wondering about what kirby meat tastes like

3 Likes

Marhsmallowey meat

9 Likes

kirby probably tastes like jellyfish

1 Like

Kirby meat tastes like whatever they ate last

7 Likes

Watermelon rice cake

2 Likes

Like a mochi except it sticks to every surface inside your mouth like glue.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the Playstation Vita that comes out next week, will probably pick up that Uncharted and see what that double touch does, probably nothing, but it looks nice and has compatiblity with the PSP. Later on we have Gravity Rush by Team Siren and that has to be good.

Also looking forward to Walking Dead by TellTale, don’t know but seems like it has promise.

Dracko’s been posting previews of Syndicate and always looking for a new co-op shooter that isn’t borderlands and the slick white aesthetic is a good contrast from all the gray and brown games.

I know no one cares but booji and myself but the Yakuza/Like a Dragon team is releasing a TPS shooter about robots and really interested in what that’s going to be like.

Persona and Kinuko’s Skullgirls is also on my radar.

The wii’s almost dead, but at least we have The Last Story from Sakaguchi coming. Maybe this one will be Final Fantasy style gold. I’ve just decided to buy it blind.

Then at the end, I’m skipping the WiiU but I loved Drive and Hotline Miami looks like Drive:The Video Game so will pick that up on PC.

11 Likes

I read this sentence first and did a double take. Somehow 2012 was…10 years ago…

Thinking about so far this year it’s old things I do not need I am excited for:

Same! Same! Same!
TMNT Collection
Sonic Origins (FOURTY DOLLARS???)
Kikikaikai New Thing

Edit: Chrono Cross
Actraiser
Live A Live

8 Likes

Trek to Yomi
Hyper Gunsport
Hrot
TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge
Turbo Overkill

Roughly in that order.

Trek to Yomi comes out in a couple of weeks.
If it plays okay on my laptop I’ll probably blitz through it and have impressions.

Hyper Gunsport would have been big hype pre-pandemic.
That and Shredder’s Revenge are both hurt by this not really being the time for good 4-player games.

Hrot and Turbo Overkill are early access games if anyone wants to play them now.
I’m going to wait 'till they come out proper.
I’ll probably enjoy both. I think I’ll like Hrot more, but time will tell.

edit:
Trek to Yomi doesn’t play ok on my laptop. ;_;
Guess I’ll play it whenever I get a PC that can run it.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to this one.

I was looking forward to Rune Factory 5 but apparently it sucks, and I guess there’s enough other games in that vein to investigate anyway.

Splatoon 3 if the single player campaign winds up being anything substantial, maybe.

Soul Hackers 2 intrigued me just enough, but I’ve yet to even touch Nocturne so it could be a while until I feel moved to get this.

edit: Ah shit almost forgot about Kao the Kangaroo reboot! I’ll have to check that shti out.

3 Likes

Most of my interest in future games is pretty clinical/academic at this point.

Neebota: 99 Fails is perhaps my most anticipated

Yurukill: The Calumniation Games
Showa American Story
Clash: Artifacts of Chaos
We are OFK - [Blech]
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - [Long blech]
Pokemon Violet - [Inhales…]

Still working through older games that have been recommended here or elsewhere for the most part.

2 Likes

Air Twister but I guess it’s a '23 game for me due to Apple Arcade exclusivity

2 Likes