10,000 Bulletins: No One Can Stop the Presses! (Part 1)

Did I spot Chasm guy?

lol

19 Likes

The original is £5 on Steam. I was kinda interested in this remake until I saw gameplay and this has rekindled my interest in XIII (the original tho). Feel a bit bad for the remake devs but at the same time this is weirdly cathartic when we face a glut of remakes.

Did I ever tell y’all that a frustrating boss battle in XIII made me throw my Wavebird through a wall

11 Likes

The Wavebird was perfectly fine

15 Likes

New Getting Over It clone with a somehow more logical premise

“You got stuck in the toilet somehow! Go find a plumber!”

8 Likes

Sexy hiking clone!

5 Likes

the game that made me do this was super smash bros brawl netplay. like on an actual wii on wifi

1 Like

It’s the 26th anniversary of the Saturn (Saturnday!). Can’t believe it’s already been 26 years.

Check out the Twitter thread for people’s old Saturn merchandise! Like this:

12 Likes

idk if this is news but supposedly Dragon’s Dogma 2 is in development.

7 Likes

Happy 30th Birthday F-Zero! I wish I could be retired at this age.

13 Likes
6 Likes

Oh wow! I’ve never seen the J-Saturn startup screen. It doesn’t sound like you’re being locked in a prison cell like the U.S. one!

3 Likes

Internet Archives is emulating Flash.

14 Likes

The PS5 is kinda huge and hideous and I don’t like the idea of having that in my apartment. It’s going to be a dilemma when Horizon Zero West comes out. I don’t know if I’ll be able to pass the marshmallow test of waiting for the timed exclusivity to end or for Sony to make a PS5 Slim.

Isn’t Horizon Zero West on PS4 as well? Does the timed exclusivity extend to that as well?

Yeah, it should be a simultaneous release on PS4/5. I just don’t have very high hopes of it being a good experience on my non-Pro PS4 with an old SSD that might not even have enough disk space to fit it. I’m very sensitive to loading times, and making it look uglier also undermines the point of these games

1 Like

Also the bow and arrow is probably going to feel super sweet with the new haptics, I just realized.

OK, I’m gonna buy a PS5 next year even though it looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh character’s jacket

10 Likes

i’ve decided the PS5 design is some serious 4-dimensional chess

it’s like, an open provocation: We dare you to wait for the slim version

but with reverse psychology: what if that’s what they want me to think?

the space of ambiguity this creates makes it impossible to decide: is this is a deliberate effort to ensure early adopters are only the most die hard fans, thus reducing likelihood of shortages? does this bold move suggest they are rejecting minimalism entirely and are not going to make a smaller version? what if instead of going to the mini-size they actually make the next version bigger and more powerful?

11 Likes

this is how I felt about the original 3DS

what an ugly sandwich that was, it didn’t even feel like the pieces fit together properly

and those…membrane start/select buttons?

11 Likes