10,000 Bulletins: No One Can Stop the Presses! (Part 1)

Aren’t there multiple 007s?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s another good take. Maybe “James Bond” is just the code name given to every agent that reaches 007 status and not the name of a particular person. So the origin story of “James Bond” would really be the origin story of the position itself and not just some guy whose tragic life led him to being a super spy or whatever.

i was operating under the assumption that there are dozens of james bonds out there, all clones of the original james bond who wasn’t anything special just the mail room guy at british intelligence but who accepted the 60 pounds and an orange drink in exchange for being experimentally cloned.

5 Likes
12 Likes

every james bond is the mom of the james bond who comes after

6 Likes

the great thing about mother of bonds is you can scoop them out of the jar and put them into another jar and you’ll have another bond in just a few weeks

9 Likes

Trying to get an Epic ‘Electrostatic Bond’ out of the gacha. I also need ‘Hey Bondie’, ‘Pokey Bond Go’, ‘Bond on Bond’, and ‘Duh Blow 7’.

I would breed them but it takes ages.

1 Like

Bondo of Blood

5 Likes

Published by IO Interactive is what’s giving me hope here. EON are notoriously trainwreck producers but this reads more as IO going to them.

3 Likes

Indie Smash Bros MUGEN being kickstarted might not be the most exciting thing but I still find it fun to see what weird mix of old and new characters they’ve pulled together to act as the templates.

7 Likes

that’s not real, Shovel Knight isn’t in it

6 Likes

WEIRD roster

• I play a lot of indie games and I don’t even know 2 out of the 6 characters

• Downwell boy looks so monstrous here I didn’t recognize him. Some things were never meant to get more pixels

• In Slay the spire the watcher was added waaaay after the game’s release via a patch and she’s complicated to use. I assume like 2% of the StS playerbase max has used her extensively. So I don’t get how she’s one of the 6 characters here. I’m guessing they lacked a girl?

1 Like

I get they want as many indie characters as possible but why the hell would you advertise your Smash ripoff with characters from two other separate Smash ripoffs that are highly acclaimed by Melee players

actually I’m watching the trailer again and they just straight up have two stages from Rivals of Aether?

1 Like

AssaCre modern-day Animus segments except you play as Fleming walking around his apartment trying to get inspiration.

4 Likes

I kinda like seeing take on pixel art and allow for custom stuff. Kinda weird that the only human-looking character is Octodad.

Pub conversations with aforementioned former spy friends where you get to select which questions Fleming asks and the answers you get determine how the next level is set up.

4 Likes

get the Alpha Protocol folks to do this bit

3 Likes

i like octodad i hope you can flop around in it

1 Like

So James Pond is what happens when simple cloning wasn’t enough for the eggheads?

6 Likes

i like that the indie fighter has the guy from Pizza Tower, which AFAIK hasn’t been released yet and is still an itchio demo. wish more of these types of projects would lean more into the deep arbitrariness of the concept in this way - when is one of these things gonna include Don Miguel as a playable character?

1 Like