10,000 Bulletins: No One Can Stop the Presses! (Part 1)

Yeah, I haven’t seen anything yet that shows they’re playing with the style or form, just aimless 3D platforming from a team that was never about game mechanics to begin with

this hints at some body analogies:

and I like this sky thing:

but that’s all the sustenance I’m getting

3 Likes

i can’t tell if i’m being some kind of fatphobic or if the triangle guy’s design is legitimately off-putting

like i know there are people with thin limbs and thick midsections but they’re usually not so bottom-heavy right? or is it just meant to be a weirdly-fitting hoodie

also yeah the movement just looks to have zero friction or inertia

7 Likes

Respect the hokage

7 Likes

Back in the day with my assortment of UT plug in models, I had Tom Servo firing flak cannons at Squall Leonhart in the Pan-Am space station from 2001, so I guess I can get behind whatever is going on in Fortnight.

9 Likes

Saw this in my Steam queue and was leery of the art d/t the potential wholesomeness but then I saw @Tegiminis recommended it and felt relief lol the system worked this once

5 Likes

Game kicks ass. I was leery of the art/writing but it grew on me as I played. The character writing is maybe a little too “elbow-nudging goofy” but it works out alright. Shout out to the anxiety-ridden frog.

For everyone else: Sunshine Heavy Industries is basically a ship designer game, where you are making little pixel art ships to customer specification while trying to save as much money as possible. Most of the puzzles are pretty simple, but there’s a fun daily challenge and some great individual puzzles (like a scrap ship for rats!).

Got it on my IGF judging slate and ended up nominating it for art and design.

5 Likes

This is actually a pretty funny joke about video game remasters.

6 Likes

yeah but that experience was free from Corporate Sanctioned Fun and also was just free to add whatever dumbass skins you wanted.

Bring custom servers back. Fuck modern multiplayer.

8 Likes

Sven co-op forever

1 Like

Multidirectional gravity was such an under utilized feature in UT (and Serious Sam)

9 Likes

The serious sam curved slopes where gravity follows the curve was such a thrilling moment

5 Likes

And speaking of bad remasters they actually removed all those funky gravity zones from the HD versions due to engine limitations.

11 Likes

Oh yuck!

101 posts were split to a new topic: smash fighting and platforms together

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/kid-a-mnesia-exhibition

3 Likes
2 Likes

The VTMB soundtrack got remastered. Sounds good!

3 Likes
1 Like

This Radiohead Exhibition thing is actually pretty cool. I’d strongly recommend messing around with it if anyone here has any fondness for the albums Kid A or Amnesiac. It’s fun to hear all the little synthesizer bits and bobs from these songs removed from their original context and used as creepy ambient tonesetting for abstract gallery spaces.

5 Likes