ZINE TRADE PART TWO

oh i started working on a zine recently. im not gonna be there nor probabyl have it done in time for the meetup exchange but maybe for the virtual exchange…? we will see.

5 Likes

Do y’all usually fold them before SBCon or do we tend to do it there?

last year we had a folding party, so let’s do that again! easier to transport flat paper anyway

did i mention i finished mine?

3 Likes

i hastily made some yesterday and i’m getting them printed today.

2 Likes

im printing them tomorrow

1 Like

I got em, and now I really want a paper guillotine so I can make even more and just crank em out. I don’t know if Kinkos will print all the way to the edge of the paper.

I did an 8 page one and a 16 page single sheet, I don’t have a stapler so I can’t really judge the layout yet.

just getting em printed at kinkos was…pretty simple. Just walk up and go “let me get my stuff”. I will very probably be doing more later.

3 Likes

i don’t know if there ARE printers that print all the way to the edge of the paper. like magazines have the bleed margins or whatever, i think even they get trimmed

3 Likes

My worst nightmare is that all the zines already got folded and I am history’s greatest clown sitting here next to the Moomin station foldin my Frolf Zine alone and cold

6 Likes

I’LL SIT NEXT TO YOU

I CANT FIND YOU

2 Likes

do what i do and do the same first step to each zine, then the second one to each zine, easier to get into a rythm and you dont lose time switching tasks

2 Likes

im finishing up my zine today so im with you in spirit

5 Likes

it is basically finished, not sure where to upload it

5 Likes

wait is this a zine about ribbit king??? omg… ribbit zine…

3 Likes

Yes! I’ll DM it to you, I’m very proud of it.

This year we actually unlocked a whole-ass new character: The King

He sucks pretty bad and his frog wears PANTS??? but it’s just rad to have another guy to pick from.

Part of me wants to see if there’s some kind of crazy Action Replay thing for GC that could tweak or add yet more stuff to this delightful little game.

2 Likes

planning on figuring out the best way of sharing our zines today, i’ll let y’all know

1 Like

Looks like this works well!! I assume most folks used Electric Zine Maker. If you did, and you want something like this for your Zine, DM me three things:

1. All the .pngs in the zine folder
  2. What background color you want (I went with black). Feel free to specify a hex code.
  3. Whether or not you want the uprezzed images to be a little bit smoothed (i went with crispy pixels)
  4. If you used anything other than the standard 8 page Zine

and I’ll get it uploaded to my site. Alternatively, you can also just do this your dang self:

and host it anywhere you like! It’s super easy.

If you did not use Electric Zine Maker I’d still love for you to upload your Zine somewhere, or you could DM it to me and I’ll see if I can squeeze it into the above format.

Once we’ve got a good collection I’ll update the original post with a link to all the Zines and everyone can see them in one place!!

3 Likes

i actually only exported mine i didnt actually save it so i dont have the pngs this year, wont make that mistake again

nbd i’ll chop it up, i don’t think it’ll be too difficult

Videogame Zine

Sketch Zine

3 Likes

also if you use the zine viewer you have to go into the javascript file and change the format to match your zine page count, but it’s super easy to do

1 Like