Your song of the moment (Part 1)

my Unfortunate Forever Theme Song

1 Like
1 Like

omg yay

I really like the music video for this track

WAS is still pretty dope. They have a new single out this week and new album soon that reminds me a little bit of Brain Thrust Mastery.

I wish it was a tad more up in the mix. Now I wanna sample something like Soothsayer. Still canā€™t get into raps with that auto-tuning constantly throughout but I liked it otherwise.

Sorry Iā€™m in super production mode.

i think melodic rap with autotuning throughout is the only new hip hop i even enjoy tbh

oooh, it would take some crazy artistry but i can totally see that happening and being incredible. do it~!!

it reminded me of them more in like, a funny resemblance in the opening, than anything else. it doesnā€™t have that kind of intricate progression too, although i feel some rap does some more relatable things in their own ways

the moment i read someone describe young thugā€™s voice as ā€œa byzantine instrument of its own kindā€ i made peace forever with auto-tune lol

1 Like

Thereā€™s a disappointing lack of d[di:] on YouTube. Fire Star Man was my jam in 2004.

I remember also enjoying Zweiā€™s first album at around that point, too.

2 Likes

Remember the Polish demo Linger in Shadows on the PS3? This is from an album by the same musician.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be prepping for some Buckethead slicinā€™.

When I hear any kind of ā€œhip-hopā€ lyricism, I tend to look for its cadence, inflection, and meaning in a way that heavy AT kinda turns those things airy and garbled. As more of a melodic instrument layer though, I get the appeal. There are some heavily exaggerated by auto-tune bits Iā€™ve dug. Respect the craft method and sometimes intricacy to it.

Guess Iā€™m saying I like it as a spice?

1 Like

I have this album and one other by him on vinyl and they are good stuff.

some gd rock and roll let her rip do do do do do

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

gonna go ahead and rank this above One Night In Bangkok for ā€˜most affecting use of chess as metaphorā€™

1 Like

from one of my favorite albums of last year, this song has a mournful sound underneath its vaporwave mall aesthetic. It makes me calm but sad.

but maybe Iā€™m just having a weird day.

5 Likes