Your song of the moment (Part 2)

2 Likes
1 Like

the Flaming Lips used to be like My Favorite Band (well other than Radiohead or maybe Guided By Voices). it has been a long, long time since i’ve considered them that though. sometimes i listen to their older stuff and get sad =( it’s been a hard fall.

4 Likes

i sat down with my brother and his friend and we listened to all of in a priest-driven ambulance together (friend had only heard newer, yoshimi-onward stuff) and they were pretty blown away, that era is so damn strong

take meta mars and stand in line in particular are just such a singular vibe for me, nothing else gets me there. the whole album is nearly perfect though

i really like hit to death, too, that thing is wild as hell

2 Likes

it’s funny to think about how the real Flaming Lips were born right as the year 1990 hit. Hit To Death in the Future Head really creeped up on me. it has kind of a weird seedier vibe their other albums don’t have. i’m still more partial to their couple albums with Ronald Jones though.

2 Likes
5 Likes

oh i didn’t know Dusty Springfield did this song! i guess this is the most well known version too lol. shows what i know about this genre. i know this from the Byrds version (used to listen Notorious Byrd Brothers a lot).

1 Like

yep! it was written by carole king too, one of the greatest songwriters to ever live

2 Likes
3 Likes

the first time i heard the song friends was on an mf doom song, this chopped and screwed version of the original goes hard

2 Likes

this one’s good fun

1 Like

really just jumping btw these two albums

4 Likes
4 Likes

This is a good thread.

1 Like

Really neat vocal, very cinematic sound.

1 Like

On repeat, forever

9 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes