Your song of the moment (Part 1)

(this entire LP is perfect btw)

2 Likes
4 Likes

Found this in George Romero’s The Amusement Park and it’s doing a number on me right now:

i’m pretty sure Deerhoof played this song when i saw them in Oberlin Ohio when they played there in like 2008. i like it. i talked to a couple of the guys from the band for a little after the show and they all seemed like genuinely nice people.

1 Like

i just learned that sugar ray covered this brian eno / john cale song for the soundtrack to the Leonardo DiCaprio movie The Beach so now you have to know about this too

1 Like

is this the only album to have one song covered by sugar ray and another covered by yukihiro takahashi?

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I always assumed the Cereal Experiments opening was by some J-pop singer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

fun fact: the vocalist and guitarist for that band were the kids of japanese producer machiko shimizu and paul rodgers, the frontman for bad company and free - which is presumably how they got both their record deal and the lain op licensing gig. great song though

4 Likes

Thank you I was gonna ask whose kids they were after seeing that video

I am 100% sincere when I say that even though it may not read that way

1 Like
3 Likes

Got my dad a copy of the Liquid Liquid compilation for his bday, but the order got sent to my address by mistake. As a result I’ve just been listening to their music. Cavern (known from White Lines Don’t Do It) has a great music vid.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve been sad a lot lately and this keeps looping in my head

1 Like