Your song of the moment (Part 1)

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I always assumed the Cereal Experiments opening was by some J-pop singer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

fun fact: the vocalist and guitarist for that band were the kids of japanese producer machiko shimizu and paul rodgers, the frontman for bad company and free - which is presumably how they got both their record deal and the lain op licensing gig. great song though

4 Likes

Thank you I was gonna ask whose kids they were after seeing that video

I am 100% sincere when I say that even though it may not read that way

1 Like
3 Likes

Got my dad a copy of the Liquid Liquid compilation for his bday, but the order got sent to my address by mistake. As a result I’ve just been listening to their music. Cavern (known from White Lines Don’t Do It) has a great music vid.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve been sad a lot lately and this keeps looping in my head

1 Like
2 Likes

slightly cringe but well-intentioned “white ally” song

1 Like

listening to music on youtube, i listened to the first track of a compilation of forgotten grunge songs and thought “this is pretty good, there’s probably a lot of good grunge i’ve been neglecting.” apparently not!!! the rest was so awful that it actually made me more sympathetic to all the different reactions to this kind of music, except for britpop. there were a bunch of tracks by a band called Thrillhammer that my brain just kept converting into THRILLHO.

got stuck in a monkees hole where the only other recommended videos were more monkees songs with 2 views apiece and algorithmically generated sounding titles. favourite was “Pillow Time” (the title, not the song)

5 Likes

@meauxdal somehow this seems like a song for you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at Your song of the moment (Part 2).