You spin me right round (with 12 way symmetry (cania's mandala thread))

Been using this goofy app called Mandoo to make mandalas on my phone instead of playing shitty gacha games. Here are my favorites.

20 Likes

Followup to that last one

10 Likes

12 Likes

Found a new program called Craze

I think these are probably more fun to make than to look at but…they are fun to make

12 Likes

Could a mod split my mandala posts into a new thread? I have like 50 more and I dont wanna dominate the thread

1 Like

oh jeez this is fun

9 Likes

Hell yes! These rule

I’ve been messing with the blending modes in craze, I don’t understand most of them but they’re neat. For example, “SRC ATOP” basically let’s you recolor existing parts but won’t draw new parts on the background.

I’ll upload like 50 of these later lol

1 Like

they should make one of these apps called “mandala affect”

4 Likes

I made some frog friends in a few seconds here.

8 Likes

This is what I do on my phone now lol

10 Likes

love those triangular and thoughtfully-coloured compositions

1 Like

Honestly craze has a bunch of palettes so most of the color choices are out of my hands. I wish I could make custom palettes but it only lets me do one color at a time!

1 Like

oh interesting! they remind me of Andy Gilmore’s work from around ’10

i couldn’t find the mandala app on my iphone but i’m enjoying everyone’s work

7 Likes

yeah setting a custom palette would be AMAZING

My new favorite trick is to build a base with one brush, maybe some aligned shapes, then recolor it with another brush using the SRC ATOP blending mode. Realized I could change the symmetry on the recolor so that last one is a base of 12 way symmetry but a recolor of 16 way symmetry. it’s a neat effect imo

9 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes