[?!?!?!!][Wrong]

Sometimes is good to lose an year of your life… So I just did.
I’m just giving a bump to this thread, so I might remember myself to post again, maybe even more frequently.

Anyways, forget about Windows Forms and C#… Decided to go C++ and Qt using Qt Creator.
After fighting with it for a bit at first, I actually like it pretty much. Yeah yeah C# is quicker to work with, and all that memory managing really feels nice for application creation. But I like just how C code looks, feels, and the errors it creates. Also… It will be a good halfway to port the engine for PC in the future. Maybe even visualise your stuff going going engine like in real time… I have no idea what I am talking about.

Anyways, I was able to import all the relevant project data to the application, and organise it into proper classes to be used by the editor.
When I say import, I actually mean: open the C code file, “read” the code text, and know what to get and where to pur, and what means what.

Basically, with my engine, what actually describes a game are a bunch of structures, with number… Erm… Going wild. These structure declarations are on C code files, and are then compiled to the actual game.
Some stuff were pretty straight forward to import, like backgrounds and visual effects. But stuff like actors (basically everything interactable) and rooms (levels), collisions and whatnot… Some where pretty dense.

Anyways, those are behind me, and now I’m already giving some work to the editor stuff. So yeah… A few screen shots and I’m out:

4 Likes