wow torment had such good writing

“babes,” as in, “TRUCKLOADS OF.” Tons of Total Babes: This game will have lots of babes that make the player go “wow.” There will be fiendish babes, human babes, angelic babes, asian babes, and even undead babes. These babes will be present without nipple-age and will all regrettably behave within the TSR Code of Ethics.

7 Likes

(Sigil’s like a big cream-filled donut except instead of cream filling, there’s this city inside. No one’s really sure how they live like this, but whatever

Human babes, as well as Asian babes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Skull

1 Like

shit like that is :grimacing: yeesh but i otherwise like this pitch doc a lot
All fantasy settings should be discussed exclusively in these kinds of casual terms, imho

2 Likes

original P:T does have way too much 90s D&D junk in it yes

I still think the successor is hugely underrated

Planescape is such a rad setting, i really wish there were more games set in it

3 Likes

The number of "fucking"s in this reminds me of the Mr. Show Globochem sketch. “This mother fucker’s tasty, fuck!”

1 Like

There was a relatively recent IF game jam thing that was supposed to be set in Planescape, but it kind of fell apart. We did get two games out of it, as documented on Zarf’s notes page about the project.

1 Like

Just because only Felix likes a game does not qualify it as “hugely underrated”

2 Likes

If anything, Tides of Marinara is way overrated. I started replaying P:T for the first time since I was a teen and it has actual WRITING in it that isn’t 1000% schlocky adjective soup. It’s only like 66% schlocky adjective soup.

Like, P:T is definitely in an awkward place of being better than bioware but worse than the fallouts and arcanum, but that’s still a hell of a lot better than a 20 hour remake of Baldur’s Gate 2 but they call healing potions “Concentrated sprayflesh vials”

7 Likes

You’d be hard-pressed to find any writing in P:T that’s as bad as this. So many words to say so little.

3 Likes

yes it’s very purple but it’s actually having fun with it, I’ve seen much less coherent verbosity

drink every time they recycle an adjective or adverb within the same paragraph

3 Likes

I mean, it’s what I expected from the mind of Patrick Rothfuss, whose writing style amounts to saying the same thing 3 times over with slight variations to pad out his thin descriptions.

“a symphony of harmonious coordination“ good gravy

1 Like

laugh, but the old saying is undeniably true - a bird in the hand is worth a man in the sand

5 Likes

All the Interplay internal doc stuff is so utterly embarrassing it’s kind of incredible. Go check out the fallout: brotherhood of steel 2 pitch if you really wanna see some shit. Also it’s hilarious to see someone call the new Torment underrated when it’s like, primarily bad fanfiction on AO3 tier adjective vomit and comfortably mediocre in the way every inxile joint is

1 Like

i’m really mad about the sangolin description in particular

2 Likes

“benevolent condescension” is the most fucking “I am a guy writing in videogames!!” thing I swear to god