Wordfilters

Yeah there’s probably dozens of ways to defeat wordfilters given how many obscure symbols in Unicode look similar to the common characters, this was just the first one that came to mind

That plus the false positive problem (Buttbuttin’s Creed) means they’ve always been better suited for jokes than actual moderation purposes

4 Likes

why would you want to defeat a word filter when we’ve been trying to get them back for like 100 years

1 Like

please fix Daphne to daphny

5 Likes

broco’s kind of like the joker but for text strings

3 Likes

hey are these case sensitive daphny daphny

nope!

perfect

I thought guys would be sisbros or my sisbros

1 Like

Please go light with these.

2 Likes

I don’t want to (continue to be) humorless about this but ideally addressed as neither sister nor brother over here

I’m not wordfiltering ‘guys’ anyway because it’s rife with false positives but I hope @loki enjoys the mischievous twists on his requests. When I think ‘God Hand’ I think ‘Diogenes’ for some reason

5 Likes

sibs is right there

4 Likes

Wordfilter folks to folx and folx to folks

11 Likes

3 Likes

word filter Ps2 Meme-ory card.

1 Like

I believe wordfilter wildcards dislike spaces. For example, “PS2 memory card” currently remains the same, but if I replace the spaces with the letter x, “Memory Card (8MB)(for PlayStation2®)” gets wordfiltered. You can quote my post to see the raw text entry. Pretty sure you can test the wordfilter from the customization page as well to catch issues like these.

EDIT: Oh wow, nope, the wordfilter seems to dynamically edit the content of posts rather than merely altering what’s displayed as far as quoting is concerned. You’d need to actually edit my post to see that I typed “PS2xmemoryxcard” there without bold text.

I’d actually replaced the original one above with the wildcards to see if it’d catch Broco’s nbspc but it did not and apparently doesn’t work for regular spaces either

I did the original one literally right before going to sleep which is I think “an @eska

4 Likes

unknown-1

10 Likes

THE iDOLM@STER

edit: lol

1 Like

filter “ladies and gentlemen” to “bees and enbies”

1 Like

If there is going to be all these little jokes by the mods please make it a public available list.

Glad the y’all thing was reversed but having words taken from you and changed in mass is extremely frustrating. We are all older and should be allowed to speak in our own voices. If you want to say something a quitky unique way that is your own perogative do not force it on me and the community.

6 Likes

its true we should be allowed to cry while we masturbate on our own

2 Likes