Wiki admin, feature requests, etc.

Hmmm. I’ll have a poke round.

Worst case scenario I can make you an account manually, with a temp pw, hopefully.

Turns out there was no E-mail address assigned for sending messages from the wiki. Might be right now if that was the problem.

OK it may expect to be able to send mail directly from the server which I never actually configured (discourse uses mailgun because running your own postfix is out of vogue these days). I’ll make sure there’s at least a working sendmail on there, hang on.

ok, the server can send mail if it absolutely has to, so that shouldn’t be throwing 504s, but we probably need to just reinstall the wiki; iirc there weren’t officially sanctioned nginx configs for dokuwiki when we set up this site and falsedan kind of winged it whereas now there’s this: https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:nginx

I may actually have time for this in the next few days, I’ll let y’all know

1 Like

Oh that’d be great. My updating workaround has been hovering round number 3 on the to-do list, unfortunately.

ok, wiki can send email properly now (it’s a little slow because php and sendmail on the server don’t have too many resources and I haven’t gone to extreme lengths to configure them), it might go to spam because a lot of mail providers these days aren’t too trusting of random-ass servers using sendmail

1 Like

Thanks guys! I’m in

1 Like

There is some bot making PUBG spam pages that are linked on the front page.

1 Like