Wii Shop Last Call

only shit i bought on the wii was…

actually i can’t remember buying anything on the wii shop!!!

no wait i maybe bought secret of mana

A really strange thing I learned during all this is that the Wii Rock Band 3 leaderboards are still up? Either that or it’s all cached.

My favorite Art Style game was Rotohex:

Loved the look of that one, I used to mute it and listen to abstract hip hop.

1 Like

Based on a way over complicated tabletop RPG that is trying to be a JRPG.

What does the PS2 one do better?

My preference is more about aesthetics than how the puzzles work. For example, one of the characters inexplicably vomits on the title screen.

I think the PS2 game also has more modes, though.

2 Likes

this is a silly question, but is there anything VC-wise that runs uniquely well compared to other emulators?

probably the n64 games as a whole. I haven’t used retroarch for n64 but emulation for that system is infamously finicky

on wii, you can actually see what powers you have in Kirby 64!

The N64 polygonal stuff is generally rendered at a higher resolution and better frame rate than the original. No Rumble support though.

C64 games get an on screen virtual keyboard.

I thought I had finished Castlevania ReBirth when it was released back in '09, but upon playing through again, finishing the final stages tonight: I did not remember any of the later stuff, so maybe I didn’t?

If a man dark in demeanor cornered you on the street at night and forced you to pick the correct trad vania it is understandable that you might quickly shout out “Chronicles/X68000” in attempt to save your innocent family but I wouldn’t be so sure who can be sure who knows what this violent tuff wants

4 Likes

I was a complete tool and forgot to buy any points so I guess the only way I’m playing My Life as King is modding my old Wii and learning how to pirate wii ware.

The good thing is both of those are very easy to do. Wii hacking still feels like a trick over how easy it is.

Now hacking my WiiU feels like more of a challenge for the same effect.

Who am i kidding contra rebirth in dolphin.

2 Likes

When the final hours were ticking away I threw some extra points on my account to save for a rainy pre-January 2019 day. Worse comes to worse I’ll buy all the new wave era Billy Joel songs in Rock Band.

I started Monster World 4 and it’s pretty rad. I already got stuck though.

1 Like

Man I had no idea Kenji Eno was behind You, Me and the Cubes.

2 Likes

I DEMAND PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME

2 Likes

Bumping this for all the other folks that still have points left to use.

Well I will now play this Kenji Eno game certainly.

1 Like

:servbotsalute:

3 Likes

461 games… now gone…

:uboa:

1 Like